Wednesday, June 24, 2009

29 things that hapened on my 29th birthday

The last 12 months I can say I'm in my 20's.

And, the last year of my 20's started with these 29 things

1. I was woken up at 4:40 by Emma asking me if it was morning.
2. I think she went back to sleep because I didn't hear anything else until 5:50 when Andrew woke up.
3. Listened to my favorite George Straight song (I Saw God Today- I love how the song gives the time 5:08, it's the time Emma was born)
4. Had cream of wheat for breakfast with the kids
5. Did a Diego puzzle with Andrew
6. Washed four loads of laundry
7. Decided since it was my birthday I didn't have to fold any
8. Gave the kids the bath I should have given them yesterday but didn't because they were so tired they were walking into walls (literally)
9. Made a plan to go to Chick-fil-A for dinner with my most favorite person I've met since living here.
10. Returned a box of power bars to Target that Mike didn't want for his trip (wrong flavor) and I won't eat (ewww)
11. Bought pool noodles for the kids hoping it will give them more swimming freedom in the pool (just so I don't have to hold on to both of them every second).
12. Got a email from the library telling me the new Harlan Coben book was waiting for me.
13. Picked up my book and read our usual 100 books to the kids at the library.
14. Made ants on a log and oranges for lunch.
15. Listened to my mother and father in law sing a happy birthday song to me- that's notable- doesn't happen every day.
16. Got cards in the mail from all over the country. Remembered how blessed I am to have so many friends everwhere.
17. Got a call from my older brother and he called me old.
18. Stripped my bed and washed my sheets because somebody brought her milk cup in my room and spilled it all over my bed while I was busy switching laundry loads I wasn't going to fold.
19. Got birthday calls/texts/facebook messages from loads of friends.
20. Rearranged the furniture in my kids room.
21. Returned a movie to Netflix- my brother in law's documentary called Killer at Large if anyone is interested in a great documentary (it's about obesity).
22. Had a wonderful dinner at Chick-fil-A with Tiffany and her boys. Emma was thrilled to tell me that Jack's dad is also in Africa. I was happy for her to have a friend who "gets it" even if she doesn't.
23. Wished our kids could play for another hour so Tiffany and I could keep talking- you know how you look up and realize you've been talking to someone for an hour?
24. Got my first email from a ship in the Atlantic.
25. Read bedtime stories to two kids who were exhausted from climbing up the stairs and sliding at dinner about 350 times.
26. Was so happy I didn't have to clean up dinner!
27. Watched a Duggar webisode because I missed their show last night while I was doing P90X (legs and back- that's code for lunges and pull ups)
28. Cleaned out the fridge.
29. Realized I had a really great day.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday Brooke! I'm glad you had a great day! It was so busy! Just makes me tired. I must waste a ton of time because I don't think I do that much in a day. You went on like 4 outings. I'm lucky if I go on 1 maybe 2.

{kim} said...

Glad you had a good day! On my 29th everyone told me I was old too. I can't imagine what they'll say next year. Just keep busy like that and Mike will be home before you know it.

Tonia said...

I'm glad you had a great day you deserved it. Happy Birthday!

Alison said...

Happy birthday! 29 is a good year..but so far the 30's are not so bad, either.

The Giles Files said...

Glad someone else got to cook for dinner...yummm, love that place. They don't have one in Boise that I am aware of...boo.

The first week and last week of deployments and TDY's are always the worst. Adjustments and anticipation. It sucks, there's no way around it. If you find a way, please let me know. Hang in there...you've got great kids and I am sure they will find ways to keep you busy with their cute smiles!

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm glad you had a great day! Live up your 29th year--that's what I tell myself.