Monday night at about 10:55 as I was getting into bed Mike says to me "oh, by the way things like this can always change but I am scheduled for a Jan 10 deployment." 6-9 months. In January. I slept AWESOMELY as I ran over logistics in my head over and over and over and over and over and over. I can't believe it! I will talk about all the reasons that January is not a great time later...he's really going to deploy. In less than six months. Tuesday; The kids and I took a morning trip to Mt. Trashmore. I thought we could beat the heat by going in the morning...ugh! Humidity. My eye lids were all sweaty! Of course it was probably because my kids favorite thing to do is run up and down the giant hill. Silly me, I thought they would play on the playground. There was also a carnival set up in the parking lot. Emma was very disappointed to see no rides would work at 9 a.m. She was all ready to go on a ferris wheel! She was satisfied to hear that this summer in Ocean City she could go on a ferris wheel at the board walk. (Only 6 weeks to go until our super fun week in Ocean City, NJ- one of the greatest places on Earth by the way) Then the kiddies and I went to explore BJ's and found a couple of floaty suits for kids...I got them hoping they would be as wonderful as our 25 cent yard sale floaty suit was last year. (Not as good. I really want to take them back but Emma REALLY loves it and I don't think she would take kindly to being parted from her dear floaty suit. She's holding it watching Special Agent Oso right now.)
Wednesday: A morning trip to the zoo with our friends!

We loved seeing the rhino awake and eating today! The kids enjoyed seeing other friends. Emma and Anna (the older little girl in the pic- she's a year older than Emma) walked around holding hands. So sweet! Then they played in the fountains before we left. (Giant sprinkler things coming out of the ground.) Emma was thrilled ans kept saying "it's just like my friend Talan's house!" Andrew was much more cautious and didn't mix himself amongst the crazy wet children. He preferred to splash his hands only and ONLY if no one else was around to splash him. So wild and SO timid at the same time. And, because the zoo wasn't enough for one day we made our way to the pool in the afternoon! It was pretty cold. Emma wasn't even stalled. Andrew was much more cautious and stayed on the top step. He had a wonderful time getting in and out, in and out, in and out. He likes the idea of swimming but isn't really interested in anything he can't do on his own. I'm sure in the next month he'll be floating circles around me. Today: I'm going to try and get a handle on my house. Having fun all week doesn't leave much room for chores. Plus, our P90X dvd's came yesterday! We're so excited! I passed the fit test and we took our "before pictures." Yeah, you're not going to see those here....but maybe the after ones. Maybe. I'm just excited to have these workouts. We start today....I'm not sure either of us know what we're in for. And, because I think it's funny:
I love how Andrew will just go along with whatever Emma does. He is such a willing subject. He will do anything as long as his sis is the leader. Once again I was a little late with the record button since 2 minutes earlier they were playing ring around the rosie together.
4 comments:
Well, ok super mom way to make the rest of us look bad :) I don't think I've left the house all week with Adelia and Jakob! Looks like lots of fun!
Very cute video, I can't wait until my kids can play together.
Andrew really is a willing subject - so cute. And I can't believe how long Emma's hair has gotten!
How sad for you to have a tentative deployment date. I'm sure that must be a dreaded feeling - 6-9 months? That's a long time (as you know so much better than me). Good luck!
I like how Mike waits until bedtime to announce that "Oh, by the way, I am leaving for 6-9 months". Well, look on the bright side - you can come stay with us for a long time while he is gone. Keep enjoying all that fun stuff while you can. I wish we had more stuff to do around here.
Post a Comment