However, we had so much fun this week and there was lots of "good stuff" that happened around here.
Mike flew on Thursday and before his flight he called to tell me he'd fly over the house. Well, about an hour later I heard the unmistakable sound of a helicopter coming and I quickly opened the blinds and daddy flew right over us at about 400 feet. The kids were pretty excited. As he got too far away for us to see Emma said "there's goes daddy flying far far away." A couple minutes later a traffic/news helicopter flew over and Andrew said "no daddy tockter." I was pretty impressed he knew the difference.
Andrew is talking up a storm. I am still the only one who can understand most of what he means but he is just putting more and more words together. I love when he asks "Emma go?" (only he uses a d sound instead of g) He "reads" so many books to me and I am so amazed at what he has memorized in that busy little head of his. His imagination is just exploding. He's talking to his toys and playing more with the Little People and using their names and taking them on adventures. It's awesome. The other morning he was sitting on my lap and tooted on me and I said "are you a little piggy?" He got very serious and said "NO! Ann-no" (No, I'm Andrew!)

Emma had a couple of great lines for me this week. Today was my favorite when she and Andrew were playing in the playroom I was cleaning and she said "thanks for cleaning up, mommy." So cute and sweet!
Then, yesterday she said to me "look, Mom this is my Mona Lisa smile." Here's what that looks like.

She's all about her Katie books lately. She knows which ones we haven't read and when we go to the library we always check to see if they're there. (I should just reserve them online but it takes the fun out of searching and takes the lesson out of waiting your turn.)
Another good quote this week was when Andrew put on a stethoscope and said "Doctor Andrew." (which sounds like docker Ann-No) Emma knew just what he meant and said "and I'm nurse Emma." Then she looked at me and said "and you're the lady with the alligator purse."
Good stuff.
I also read a quote a couple of weeks ago I just loved. I write quotes I love down on index cards and read them for a couple of weeks before I tuck them in the pages of my journal. I am very sorry to say I forgot where I got this one, but I know it was a book we have here in the house so I am sure I will come across it again one day and I will be able to give proper credit to the author.
"Anyone who imagines bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. Most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most marriages require a high degree of toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey- delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
2 comments:
So cute. Those kids are so sweet! I miss them. I love that quotation too! Thanks for sharing it.
Your kids are getting so big and grown up, they are so cute and so smart!
I remember reading that quote in Pres. Hinckley's bio. I don't know if it was his own quote or just one he used one time but I read it in there and only remember that because I loved it! Thanks for reminding me of it.
Post a Comment