So, not only did Mike not get the day off but they scheduled him so late there was no way we could make the six hour drive and not get into Philadelphia at an insanely late hour. I was very sad that our weekend plans were cancelled. Emma was very sad our trip was cancelled. She found no solace in the fact that we have rescheduled for a couple of weeks from now.
That was the bad and cancelled.
Now the good (there was quite a bit actually):
The flight which Mike had on Friday was very important. It was his NATOPS check. He did very well and feels a little lighter in his step. I noticed an immediate difference in him and this weekend we saw him in larger than 15 minute intervals! He had his nose out of his NATOPS manual for the first time in about four months and we were all so happy!
We took the kids to play in the helicopters on Saturday morning (this is their all time favorite activity). We then made the dreaded Saturday morning commissary trip. This place is such a madhouse. Darn their cheap prices. If it wasn't SO much cheaper to shop there I wouldn't because it is ALWAYS crowded! But, we got away with our cheap food and diapers. I felt so bad for the grocery loaders that day because it was so cold windy and rainy!
We had a mini anniversary celebration after the kids went to bed Saturday night. Neither of them took a nap on Saturday so they were both in bed asleep before 7 p.m. It was awesome! We celebrated by eating a big pan of fabulous nachos (which is extra nostalgic for us since we ordered room service nachos after our wedding!) and watched Friends. It was a great night to be at home and laugh. Probably when my mom is here next week we'll go out for a real date.
We're all very excited for Grandma to come on Tuesday! I can't wait! I was hoping for a nice day (or two) so we could go to some of our favorite outdoor places, but it looks like it might be cold and dreary so we'll be hanging out inside.
The other fabulous happening on Tuesday is Andrew's birthday! We are very very excited about this! Of course, I will post all my thought about my little guy later but for now here are some fun pictures of the kids playing in a big box. For every kid in the universe boxes equal fun!



4 comments:
I love the box pictures! They are so cute! Thanks for sharing your weekend too. Sorry about Philadellphia. If it makes you feel any better I've never been! I'm sure you'll have so much fun with your mom.
Whoa, what happened? All of a sudden Andrew looks really grown up! He looks so different in those pictures, I can't believe it. I'm sorry your weekend plans were cancelled but congratulations to Mike (and all of you really) that is exciting news!
Bummer about the plans. I was really hoping you could eat some white cheese pizza for me. Happy Anniversary! Oh, and I'm still waiting for your list, or did you decide against it?
Oh my goodness! He grew up!!!
Post a Comment