We've made salt dough ornaments. The kids had a hard time not tasting them since they look like cookies. Painting them was a fun family night project. Andrew loves when we give him a paint brush. Thank goodness for washable paint!

We've made handprint Santa faces and gingerbread men. Emma painted a face on hers which I thought was good. She also gave him yellow clothes. Andrew again LOVED to paint. He was very satisifed with his project and proudly showed it to daddy.

The kids together made this Christmas tree forest. We decided this must be what the forest near Santa's house looks like. Snowmen and Christmas trees. What's not to love??

We drove through the Norfolk Botanical Gardens "Garden of Lights" display. Now THIS was cool! Emma LOOOOVVED the lights. Santas, reindeer, flowers, glowing bridges, boats, animals made of lights, rainbows, butterflies, catterpillars. It was awesome. Andrew was just ANGRY we weren't getting out of the car to run and frolic in the lights. He's not really a "sit back and enjoy the ride" kind of kid. He's more like a "let me at it" kind of kid. Sad for him because he didn't get to touch even one light. Sad for us because we had one kid giggling and pointing and enjoying her botanical garden experience and the other mad as a bull. We even let him "drive" the car but he wanted NOTHING but to get out. I thought my mom would like this picture. It was a sunflower garden out of lights.

As you can see Emma quite liked her turn driving. Everyone was sad to leave and felt like our $10 was very well spent.
5 comments:
We haven't ventured from crayons and coloring pages yet, he keeps eating the crayons.
You are quite possibly the cutest mom ever! I love all of the art projects! They are so cute!
Happy Holidays! Looks like a fun night! Andrew DOES have the most beautiful blue eyes ever!
I'm so jealous that they love puzzles! Daisy is obsessed with the movie Elf right now... If I hear Will Ferrel belch one more time... I would kill for her to love puzzles!
I truly think you need to make a movie of your sweet meeting with Mike. It sounds magical! And the world needs a happily ever after story like that! :)
Since you're so crafty I'm gonna start calling you Martha.
I'm positive tempra paint on construction paper doesn't count as crafty, but I'll take it. :)
Post a Comment