Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas


Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Mom and Dad have been running and wrapping about
Building a Rose Petal cottage and wrapping the planes
Cleaning pizza sauce out of the carpet, unsure when that came.
Thinking of the madness they saw together that night
When we all ran to WalMart, oh it was such a sight!
No parking and no brown sugar, what would we do?
Go to another store....hurry! No time to lose.
With our caps on our heads and Christmas songs in the air
We ate Christmas Eve pizza with some still to share
The stories we read the ones that we love
The one of the Savior sent from above
Then off to bed the little ones went with a bounce
Restless they were, excitement left to pronounce.
But, now they are sleeping and daddy is too...
Mommy has no more chores left to do.
And, so I'll say and I head out of sight
Merry Christmas to all! And, to all a goodnight!

5 comments:

Tonia said...

Cute poem. I love the dollhouse, where did you get it? Bella would be so jealous! Merry Christmas, I hope you guys have a wonderful day.

Alison said...

Looks like a great Christmas! Merry Christmas you guys!

{kim} said...

You're a poet and didn't know it! Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I'm sure the kids had a blast with that doll house, it's HUGE! I loved the poem, Brooke. I can't believe you had the energy to write it after getting everything ready for Christmas. You are amazing.

Mollie Lawrence said...

That was cute brooke:) Hope you had a merry christmas!