Sunday, December 28, 2008

a rant about church clothes

So, I have more posting to do about Christmas festivities (after all we DID ride on a subway together!) However, I have a little rant about church clothes first:

I am finding it my EVEREST to find church clothes for my son. I know I make it difficult for myself with all my rules, but in this whole country of plenty can I not find one, just ONE outfit for him??

Here are the rules:

White shirt MUST be a white button up shirt. 12-18 months size. It can be a onesie or a shirt, but it must be plain white.

Pants: blue or kahki with an adjustable waist band since he's got the waist of maybe a 3-6 month old. 12-18 months size (he needs the length) Even with a belt on his pants fall down. Only the adjustable waists work.

Sweater vest or sweater must be plain or argyle. No animals doing human things on my sons clothes (no dogs driving fire trucks or aligators playing baseball)

The outfit must cost less than $50. We figure at this poing we're going to buy him one outfit and just rotate his ties. Unless he has some super mega growth spurt he'll most likely get 9 months wear out of it, so this is reasonable for us. Well, we'd prefer less but this stuff has been such a pain to find at cheaper prices we've raised our standards.

These are the rules. I can find: NOTHING.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target has nothing??? That's where I usually get white shirts and pants for Jen.

jeNnA said...

Lol I have the same problem and my rules are not nearly as stringent. They make trillions of cute outfits for girls. Isn't there 1 place out there that can create the same for little boys?!

Alison said...

I found Bentley plain black pants (non-adjustable waist though, sorry), a white button up and an argyle sweater vest at Walmart for only $18.00...not too bad. The most exciting part for me was that it perfectly matched the Christmas dresses I'd already gotten for the girls.

Walmart. Who knew?

Tonia said...

I'll keep my eyes out for anything that meets your specifications. I wish I would have known about this when I was in Utah, they would have to have something there. Those Mormons capitalize on everything ;)

Kori said...

I've been looking for the exact same thing for my son, let me know when you find anything. Boy church clothes are impossible to come by and I'm not willing to spend Dillards prices.

{kim} said...

We've given up on traditional church clothes for Talan. Thanks to Aunt Christie, we've resorted to wranglers, cowboy boots, and plaid button-up shirts.

Cassie said...

I usually find white shirts at Children's Place. And this time of year, they just might be on clearance. They also have some very cute sweaters there..

Kori said...

Brooke, I found long sleeve white onsies and button-up shirts at The Children's Place Outlet for under $10. Gymboree has pants that are adjustable. I'm still looking for vests.