
I know, I know I'm a little behind here. What can I say? My husband is home all week on vacation and I'm too busy enjoying his company to blog. We've been out enjoying the world and doing fun things...but not writing about them.
Today I need to write about my gratitude for payday. We failed to plan for the last week of the month. We were out of town quite a bit the second half of this month and didn't do any formal grocery shopping. Oh, and by the way we spent all of our money too. So we got home from D.C. on Saturday afternoon...a little milk, a couple of slices of bread, and no, no, no money. Broke, zilch, zero, nothing.
Nice.
Yesterday on our way home from a nice walk at the park we bought a 1/2 a gallon of milk with change!
I even took a picture of my empty fridge so I would always remember the time we didn't have any food in it.
I was beyond thrilled to realize payday was today instead of tomorrow like I thought it would be. Hooray! We were shopping before 10 a.m. buying grapes and cucumbers and meat!
One of the toys Emma got for Christmas needed new batteries and I told her we would get some new batteries when we went to the commissary. When I told her we were going there this morning she said "hooray we can get some new batteries!"
I'm not saying we were starving. We managed. Here's what we found:
Cream of wheat
Egg burritos with cheese, dipped in salsa (Very yummy! We ate these twice but we ran out of eggs).
I made oatmeal crasin muffins (also very yummy)
Last night we had super mashed potatoes for dinner. We put a bunch of broccoli in a bowl and covered them with cheesy mashed potatoes.
Not too shabby.
Okay, so note to self: next December don't spend all of your money if you're coming home to an empty fridge on the 27th.
Live and learn, people. Live and learn.
2 comments:
Hey, that broccoli and cheesy mashed potatoes sounds good! I admire creative people, especially when it involves food!
So been there done that!
Post a Comment