When I was a kid my mom used to dress my sisters and I alike for pictures. She didn't mind coordinating our outfits on other occasions too. For as long as I can remember I HATED this. Of course I was the OLDEST sister (I have four younger sisters) and I've always felt just a little too old for whatever little girl antics my mother was trying to force upon us. I'm sure at some point I enjoyed matching my sisters....before I was too old and sassy. When my mom was visiting us she was VERY busy. She made Emma 5 new skirts and 2 for me! She's so talented....I can't help but take full advantage of her expert skills. I buy up the fabric, and she sews like a mad woman until she needs a break and then we eat Chinese food and chat all the while. It's so fun.
So, now Emma and I have two matching skirts. Emma was SO excited to match her mommy on Sunday. I wanted to bottle up her sweetness and keep it forever. I want so badly to never see a day I am no longer cool enough to match clothes with....or hold hands with while we walk down the hall at church. I thought of how I have come full circle....hating the matching clothes thing and now putting my own little girl through the same thing. Only instead of making her match her sister(s) which she has none of I am making her match her mother. She loved it....and I did to!
It's not the best picture of either of us....but it's what we came out with so thanks for the skirts mom....we love them!
3 comments:
That's so cute! I love the red on the bottom of Emma's skirt.
How fun! That's so cute. I don't want the day to come when Isabella is too cool to match her little sister (or me if that were possible). Fun times!
Oh my goodness that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Your mom is my idol! I wish I could sew clothes!
Post a Comment