Mike's parents came down to visit last week as our things arrived...they took over our little apartment in the "BOQ" (which means Bachelor Officers Quarters, or visitors quarters) and were great to have here for a couple of days. Emma really enjoyed her time with them! Andrew followed in suit and by the end of their visit thought they were A-OK too. Mike and Rae were very helpful while they were here. Helping us hook up the washer, and fix the leak it sprung, lining the shelves with shelf paper, finding a great new vacuum for us, taking us out to dinner even though it landed Rae in a pretty bad spot for a few hours because of some yucky pork (EEEWWW), reading loads of stories and tying the baby gate to the top of the stairs with some crazy sailor knots neither or us could get out.
I'm sad Andrew didn't make this picture but he was asleep when they left....Emma is licking the couch (weird-o) and I'm not sure what everyone is laughing at but I really loved this picture. Emma will love it too. It's going to be great to live only 4 hours from Grandparents for a couple of years. Emma gave her glee away when she squeezed herself betwen Mike and Rae on the loveseat linked one of her arms with each of theirs and exclaimed "I love my family!"
No comments:
Post a Comment