March 2005. New York City. Seth and Hayley came to see us for spring break and we took a drive up to NYC. I love love love New York City. If we could live there for a year or two I would in a SECOND. I wanted Mike to choose submarines instead of aviation as a naval career just so we could live in Groton, CT and be in driving distance to NYC. He didn't go for that. Hmph!
We stayed overnight in a hotel. We (and by we I mean I) booked the wrong night in the hotel and we ended up paying for 2 nights. Grrrrr. After we got over that, we had a SMASHING time. We stayed a couple blocks from Times Square. After we turned out the lights for the night we heard a lot of whispers coming from the living room where Seth and Hayley were on the pullout sofa. We peeked around the corner and saw them both leaned over the back of the couch looking out the window, taking in the view of NYC and talking about how awesome it was. Mike and I joined in for a while...and then went to bed. It was beautiful, and for two kids who had never been there before it must have been magical. I know it was the first time I was there. We went to Madame Tseauds wax museum, saw Phantom of the Opera (this was my 4th time seeing it on Broadway and Mike's third....life's tough, right?!), we ate good NYC deli food, saw the statue of Liberty walked around for hours and hours and hours and then sat in traffic for 3 hours waiting to leave the island. It was so much fun! The weather was beyond perfect. A chilly spring morning, sunny NYC afternoon. I heart NYC.
5 comments:
Sweetie, what a great idea! You never fail to surprise and amaise me with your cleaver ideas. I so love that New York story, I only wish I could have seen the kids in NY City. Love Mom
I LOVE the Flashback Friday idea! I just may have to "borrow" it for my blog. You're a genius!
I love NYC too but only for visits, I have no interest in actually living there. It's just too much activity going on. The very thought is exhausting.
Flashback Friday-what a good idea! And, I love the family pic on your blog! Must be nice to live by the beach...
What a great idea! I also may have to borrow it for my blog. You are a genius!
By the way, Andre went to OCS in New London, CT which was like 2 seconds from Groton. It would have been a great place for you to live but I'm glad Mike decided to go aviation or we never would have met!
Post a Comment