Saturday, September 13, 2008

Killings

Today was the community yard sale (or "ard sale" as Emma calls them). We sold about $50 worth of crap (shame we have so much of it!) and loaded another bunch into our car to take to Goodwill. We're trying to cleanse ourselves of the clutter. I mean, who needs 2 sets of silverware? We sure don't. Of course, since it was COMMUNITY yard sale day we had to go "ard sailing" ourselves and see what kind of crap, I mean treasures, we could find. I was VERY happy with the way we spend $6 today. You'll see what I mean. The one thing I don't have a picture of is a little car race track that you can race the cars down including 3 cars. It was totally brand new looking. The kids played with it quite a bit, but I didn't take a picture....it was $2. I had the next thing on my "Christmas gifts for Andrew" list but when I saw one today for $3 I was STOKED. These babies are $50-$60 new. When I saw it I said to myself $50 later or $3 now and get him something else for Christmas? Duh. Both the kids LOOOOVVVE this thing. Unfortunately they spent a good portion of today fighting over it. Hopefully the excitement wears off soon and they are content to let each other be in it. Andrew loves loves loves it. We call it: Baby Smart Car.

See that little smirk on his face? That says: get your paws off my smart car or we take this outside. Don't anger the tiny machine. Whatever you do....don't anger it.
This big truck was also seriously brand new. He had not one speck of wear on him. He is soft and cushy but a BIG truck, which Andrew likes to push around. Fifty cents. Seriously....that's just amazing.

The next is so amazingly cute you will die. Well, maybe not. I am this child's mother so I am totally biased, but it's cute. Emma saw this Lady bug costume and thought she might like to dress up like a Ladybug for Halloween "like Wonder Pets save the Lady bug." I thought she would be a Wonder Pet for Halloween. I guess since they play with their Wonder Pet capes all the time it wouldn't feel like a special Halloween costume to her. I couldn't believe this costume was still at the yard sale since we saw it late in the game. it was a 2T (PERFECT!). For less than $1 folks.....I give you......the most adorable lady bug you will ever, ever, ever see.




Emma called Sylvie to tell her Happy Birthday (ha! I called and Emma said "hi") and Sylvie told her she was going to be a bee for Halloween, so Emma was even MORE excited about their little inscect club. They decided Andrew should be a monkey. I was thinking more like a tazmanian devil, but whatever. Next weekend: searching for the monkey costume.

7 comments:

Alison said...

That is amazing. You are so good at finding good deals! Tell Emma I think she is the most beautiful ladybug ever!

Anonymous said...

Look at our blog and see what we have in common.

Anonymous said...

OMG on the ladybug costume - to die for!

Adriane said...

So sweet... can Kylee join in on the "bug group"? She's going to be a ladybug too! Yay for making gross bugs look adorable! :P

Tonia said...

I tell you, you are the best garage saler ever! Emma is one darling lady bug that's for sure! We've been trying to come up with a new costume for Bella but she just wants to be a bee again. Maybe she'll join the bug club too. I was thinking if Bella really does end up being a bee maybe we'll make Livie a flower. Any great deals on flower costumes out there?

Mollie Lawrence said...

gwen was that last year! she's talking about fitting into it again this year! we'll see!
What a great find sis! Good job!

ALYN said...

Sounds like a nice yard sale. I love when you can just walk around to a bunch of sales at once, rather than drive around for hours.