
When Mike was in Charleston he picked up little gifts for the kids....and he brought Emma a Schleich animal. The daddy elephant! SO exciting. Of course to Emma There should always be a daddy or mommy AND a baby animal. She's been asking about the baby elephant over the last four days since daddy elephant has been in the #1 position for play time. I made a BIG mistake today of telling her that maybe she would get the baby elephant for her birthday or that Santa Clause would bring it to her and put it in her stocking on Christmas.
Why would I say such a thing???
All day.........this has been my conversation with Emma
Emma:"Santa comes to my house, mommy?"
Me:"Not today, sweetie. Santa comes on Christmas."
Emma:"YES!! He comes to my house! Wif baby reindeer."
Me: "Yep, he flies all over the world and fills all the children's stockings with presents."
Emma:"And, BABY ELEPHANTS!"
Me: "Maybe, we'll have to wait and see....."
Emma: "Wait to Christmas...."
Then, 5 minutes later we do it all over again....
I should have just bought her the baby elephant for $3.49 and saved myself having this conversation for the next 4 months. What was I thinking??? It's August, Brooke! You never ever ever mention Santa, presents or stockings until December......ah lessons learned.
3 comments:
I just have to say that you are the best book-recommender ever! I finally started reading "My Sister's Keeper" and I LOVE it! You also introduced me to one of my fave authors, Harlan Coben. Thanks for the advice-no wonder you are my best friend!
First of all how does any one have time to read? I keep thinking tomorrow, and guess what? thats right tomorrow never comes. not even when I was home alone for a week,I get my sunday lesson, skim the paper,and maybe Womens World when its two months old, and that it, could it be maybe because I have too much stuff? Of course not what was I thinking? Love Mom
I wrote down Andrew's favorite kids books, by the way. Thanks! I'm enjoying finding cheap kids books on half.com (There goes the junk collection side of my personality again. I'm always so torn.)
I'd like a picture of these baby animals you mention, or a website link. Lia loves Mommy/Baby animal sets. I got her a Little people Mommy/Baby Dino for her birthday. And some cloth rabbit puppets. She's so fun to give presents to. Not that she needs any.
I vote for looking up what random holiday comes up in August.
http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/august.htm
And celebrate with your kids. Emma will, of course need an Elephant for the occasion...
Post a Comment