Friday, August 1, 2008

Remember the time I tried to make a quilt?

It wasn't good. Kim- this is the quilt I made for you....this is all you will ever see of it because it's so so so so so badly made.
It's pretty, but I think I'll let my cat have it.
I guess I'm just not a sewer, of quilts anyway. I think I lack that attention to detail needed to be an excellent seamstress. I am a big picture kind of girl. As much as I really WANT to be a mom who can sew (like my mom) I just may not be that mom. I AM a mom who can find almost at whatever price I need to pay....pajamas for 25 cents? Found. Little People vintage barn for $2? Found. Glass loaf pan for 50 cents? Found. Ability to sew a quilt for my very best and oldest friend for her brand new baby girl? Not found.....probably never will be.

Instead the box I sent you is only one with pink clothing and accessories but no super cute green and brown quilt. Instead I will agree to arrange a marriage between Tatum and Andrew. Or, if they end up looking like the odd couple (because Tatum is from a much taller family than Andrew) I will consider arranging a marriage between Emma and Talan.....
All that because I tried to make a quilt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweety, so sorry I never got around to teaching uou much about sewing, we'll do lesson #2 next time were together. maybe you should have just sent the material with Hildew. mom

Adriane said...

Wow, looks a heck of a lot better than I could ever do!! I got the spontaneous idea to make Kylee one once... It's still in pieces in a box :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't think it looks too bad. At least you tried, right? I wouldn't even know the first thing to do to make a quilt. Thanks anyways, it's the thought that counts :-)

Tonia said...

Since you wouldn't let me see the quilt up close all I can say is that it looks great to me! I must say though that you do have the incredible ability to find great deals!

ALYN said...

Everytime I try to sew, I say to myself: Cloth is not my Medium. I bought one of those knitting looms and knitted scarves, that was fun.

I also like comparison shopping, I've been told that I could work in Purchasing for a company. Sounds boring though.

Arranged marriages... Cracks me up!

Aunt Tracy,
Your comment is Funny!