Saturday, August 16, 2008

The elephant in the room...


Blogging all week was like a big fat elephant in the room...I knew it was there, and I couldn't ignore it. And, yet I walked by it over and over and over. I just didn't find the time. So, here I am Saturday night and above this post will be all the posts I should have been writing all week....but was busy doing other things. Maybe someone of better organizational skills could have found time to blog this week....but I couldn't. However, I did find time to:
Make dinner for 12 adults
Throw a baby shower
Say goodbye to moving friends
Wash 16 loads of laundry
Cleaned up Andrew's first bloody nose. It was a doozie....I blame Emma.
Fold and put away above mentioned laundry
Buy up lots of gallons of water and canned food in case Fay makes us a visit this week.
Get peed all over by a sleeping two year old. In public.
Buy my son shoes. This sounds simple. However, trying shoes on this child is a little like trying to wash a window while running on a treadmill. Not easy.
Marvel at how beautiful my kids look in their shoes.
Washed my white rug with carpet cleaner. By hand. Eek.
Organize a fabulously stimulating lesson for my nursery class.....(this one may be an embellishment)
Make lots of animal sounds (I'll explain later)
Clean my stroller with mildew remover. Every inch of it. (Stupid Florida!)
Spray off the back porch. Twice.
Give the first chair in my chair refinishing project another coat of green paint.

But, again....no blogging. Sorry, Mom.

1 comment:

ALYN said...

Well, I missed your posts, but I think you made up for it with all the great posts at once!

Lia just saw the picture of Emma and asked why that girl looks like her.