Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kid Quotes

What would life be like if we couldn't look back and remember and laugh about the funny things our kids say?  I don't want to know.

We were going to Emma's dance class and Andrew asked me when his class would start.  Here is our conversation:
Me:  Buddy, I need to call the gymnastics place and get you into a class.  I will do that this week.  I promise.  
Andrew: Gymnastics?!?  Mom!  Come on.  I'm a ninja I need Tae. kwon. do.  
Me:  BUT, if you take tae kwon do you can't do gymnastics.  We're only taking one class, remember?
Andrew: (softer, serious and a little fed up with me) I HAVE to take Tae Kwon Do, Mom.  That's what ninjas do.

We're going to tae kwon do tomorrow.....hopefully his inner ninja will be satisfied.  When did my sweet baby boy turn into a ninja anyway?

After looking through a Halloween catalog Emma brought me to magazine and said "Mom, I saw a costume in here where a boy was holding his head- and it looked like he chopped it off."

Me:  Well, that's pretty silly don't you think?

Emma:  No, I don't think it's silly at all.  I think it's ridiculous, sad and a little scary.

The girl knows what she thinks I'll give her that.  She's having a Halloween crisis at the moment- she can't decide between Super Girl (which is basically pink super man!) or Princess Peach again.  We talk about it EVERY DAY.....and I can't wait for it to just be over.  Andrew- no surprise- is going to be......a ninja.  Do I have to get Scott a costume?  

We had this pup in our family for a week- we were his foster family while he was waiting to be adopted.  
Photo: Anybody looking for a pure bred English bulldog? There is one for sale in my kitchen.
He was sweet and cute but I'm REALLY glad we don't have a dog.  I can't deal with a dog and a toddler at the same time.  When all the Greenstreet children are old enough to pick up poop I will consider getting a dog.  I'm glad Rocky found a family to love him!

Anyway- Scott was CONVINCED he was a kitty.  He called him "kitty cat" all the time and would come up to him and "meeeoooowwww."  We couldn't convince him it was a puppy.  It was pretty funny.  

1 comment:

lynnissa said...

Cute stuff! My baby is the opposite...he calls cats doggies! It cracks all of us up.