Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun Day With Friends!

Always in the military you make great friends and they end up moving away.  About 8 months ago one of my favorite families in the whole world moved to Yorktown which is only about an hour and twenty minutes from us but we haven't seen them since they moved!  Awful!  Today we got to meet at the Virginia Living Museum and we had such a lovely visit.  We were there for over 3 hours and if it were not for babies who needed naps we could have stayed longer.

I love this museum!  It is actually one of my favorite in the area I think.  Our kids explored and played and learned (a little about bees at least!  They have a real beehive!)

Exploring animals outside.  We saw turtles, deer, wovles, coyotes, opossum, racoon, bald eagles, ducks and we smelled skunks but never saw them.  The "trails" are just lovely and it was so much fun to explore (Charlie and Scott were busy babies so we didn't end up with many pictures.)

I'm so sad this picture is a little blury!  This is his picture face and he even says "cheese!"  SO sweet!

Bald Eagle.  They were "hooting" at him.....guess we need to do some learning about which birds do that! Good grief!

Okay- I'm sick of this stroller lady.  Stop giving me pretzels and let me out of here!

If I could have one of these logs in my back yard I would- it is made of stone or metal or something....WAY too  expensive but it would serve for HOURS of fun!

See?  I did let him out to play.

And then he tried to steal my camera.  And, I will not tell you how he got a fat lip. That story does NOT make  me look good.

Buddies since they were just 1 and 2 years old.  



He saw the kids playing in the puppet theater and went over and tried to figure it out himself.  

Building me a  house.

No comments: