Sunday, March 18, 2012

Family Fun and a Party!

At the end of February Grandma and Grandpa Greenstreet came to visit for a couple of days. Want to know how many pictures I have of that? None. Zero. I know, we're awesome. Scott was just like himself- cautious and slow to warm up. BUT, by the end of their visit Grandma was reading him stories. The kids were thrilled to see their Grandparents and wore them out sufficiently.

The day after Grandparents left Hayley came into town for a visit. She was just in time to be a super help getting Andrew's birthday all ready. She cut out and assembled all of our super hero lollipops! She is the BEST birthday party helper! (that's what the picture is above- lollipop superheros!
Fun, right?!?)

We had Andrew's birthday party at the place where our kids take gymnastics classes. I initially felt lame about the whole thing. I mean- I do love the whole theme party thing. BUT, with moving and company before and after the party I didn't know if I could handle the party IN the house. SO- Andrew agreed to have the party at Ocean Tumblers and I'm not sorry we did. The kids had a GREAT time. All you have to provide is the cake! Easy peasy! Instead of running around playing hostess extraordinaire I got to chat with my friends! It was Ahhh-mazing! We had 19 kids total and they all had a great time. I would do our party there again in a second. I wish we hadn't had his party ON his birthday though....I like having the separate family day of fun. Live and learn I guess.








And, who doesn't love a Happy Birthday video? Well, maybe everyone but me....but I love this kid.




We are SO lucky to know this room full of wonderful people! All his friends are so generous! Good grief! This kid is SO lucky! I need to say "no gifts please" next year....because we'll still be playing with toys from this year's party!

No comments: