Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Andrew-isms


As usual- this kid is full of them.

The big scrape on his face happened ON his birthday- and it really was sad but truthfully it was bound to happen sometime. This kid NEVER watches where he is going! He is ALWAYS running with his head back making sure no one is passing him! It's crazy and sadly he tripped over someone's leg (which wouldn't have happened if he would watch where he is going!) and scraped his face on the driveway. Sad story. Does he look where he is going now? Nope. Just today he walked into our deck and stubbed his toe on a corner 'cause he was running while looking behind him. (sigh)


Tonight while saying his bedtime prayer Andrew included "and please bless we can have a good national cookie day tomorrow."

I was puzzled and afterwards asked him why he said that.

He said- 'cause I was hoping if it was national cookie day you could make me some oatmeal cookies tomorrow.


_______________________________________________________
Jumping on the trampoline Emma, Andrew and I were having a fantastic time.
Emma says "this is the most fun day ever!"
Andrew then says to me "yeah, it's pretty fun except I wish I could change you into Daddy."
Nice, son.  Really really nice.

______________________________________________________________
We bought a honeydew at BJ's the other day and Andrew was holding it in the cart:
Andrew: I can't wait to eat this sea weed, see dew....wait. What is this called?

Me: a honeydew

Andrew: Oh, why did I think it was called sea weed?

Me: (laughing) I don't know, son.

__________________________________________________________

Later that morning the kids are helping me carry in groceries from the car and Andrew is carrying the honeydew and says to Emma
"Emma, do you know why it's called honeydew?"

Emma: No, why?

Andrew: Because it's from bees and they DO the honey- so honey-do! Get it?

_____________________________________________________________

Listening to Andrew play Angry birds on the T.V.

"come on you stinking blue birds that can't break anything but glass"

This just made me laugh....hearing my new 5 year old rage at his angry birds.

_______________________________________________________________

While we were moving here Andrew kept telling me what the good parts of getting a new house were. After we were all moved in and we didn't go back to our old house for a couple days we were driving in the car and Andrew said to me "Mom, want to know what the sad part about moving to a new house is?" I asked him what it was and he said "that you don't have your old house anymore." It was a sad moment and I was grateful to see his little mind working and very grateful for that moment his feeling spilled out into words I could understand. He has adjusted and they love the new house now but it was such a tender little moment for him.

_________________________________________________________________



No comments: