This sweet little thing is 5 YEARS OLD!
I know, I can't believe it either.
As you can see from his face he had a GREAT birthday.
But, that's another post.
This is just about how amazing this Mama thinks her boy is.
It NEVER fails. I ALWAYS choke up when the birthday song is sung. I just look at my kids....the smiles on their faces, the candle glow highlighting their sweet eyes and I can't help but feel overwhelmed to have them. Thank God I have been allowed to have them, to keep them, to watch them grow. They are my Sistine Chapel and when I see them happy I feel like Michaelangelo.
This kid makes life exciting, funny and sometimes downright exhausting. BUT, I wouldn't change him. I would be too afraid of changing something I just love about him. This little conversation we had today is a perfect example of our daily life.
Scott is eating some raisins and Andrew walks in and says "can I have some raisins?"
Me: Sure
A: I like fruit. Are raisins fruit?
Me: They are a dried fruit. Do you know where raisins come from?
A: yeah, I know. Horses.
Me: (stunned) no, not from horses. From grapes dried in the sun.
A: oh.
Some things (but certainly not all of them) I would like to remember about Andrew at 5:
-He hit 30 lbs on the day before his birthday. He eats as much as I do and his favorite foods are: pasta, spaghetti, stuffed shells, fettuccini (see a pattern?) mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, cookies and chocolate. (must be nice to swim in an ocean of carbs and weigh 30 lbs....I wouldn't know.
-His favorite things to do are play outside, ride his bike, ride his scooter, go to the park, play Angry Birds and color. This kid spends serious time with his crayons. He got an Angry Birds doodle book for his birthday and he has been filling it up as quickly as possible. He got lots of other color books and color supplies and he said "I'm going to be a real artist when I use all these!"
-He can read most 3 letter words. He loves to do his school work and will work on a workbook page for 30 minutes if it involves coloring. He enjoys showing people he can count to 100 although he usually skips either the 60's or the 70's.
-He loves those monkey bars! He has us floored when we go to the park and he can pull his skinny self across them....he is such a strong and scrappy little thing!
Andrew is a good boy. He has a good heart. He cares about his brother and sister so very much. He will often pick me out an outfit for Scott in the morning and bring it to me. Or, at night when he gets his pajamas he will bring some to Emma as well. I never give him anything without him asking for one for Emma. He keeps an eye on Scott for me and will jump around and sing to him if I need him entertained. (minus the time this week I found Scott splashing in the toilet when I asked the kids to watch him!) He has more energy than 4 boys his age but we do our best to make sure he gets chances to expel it. I am so glad he is in our family. I can't imagine us without him.
Happy 5th Birthday little buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment