He is SO busy!
Some days I feel like my first 2 kids were practice kids for the business of this baby. VERY sadly a day after we moved in one of the kids left the door to the (hard wood) stairs open and Mike and I both thought the other was watching him and he tumbled down the stairs. He hit his lips/teeth pretty hard and it scared the daylights out of me. I think it was the most awful I have EVER felt. I don't even know why I'm recording it....except to say that we have since put the gate in a permanent location at the bottom of the stairs.
He LOVES to eat! He is becoming more and more aware when everyone else is eating something different than him. He will eat anything so far. I would say his favorite food is yogurt.
He JUST started throwing food off his highchair tray.....I don't love this game.
He loves to play. If he had his way someone would sit with him all day and play and wrestle. He isn't impressed when I put him down and walk away. Not impressed at all.
He loves to be outside. One of my only 30 minute peaceful bursts of work came this week when I put him on the deck to watch the kids play (in his jumper) and he bounced and soaked up the sunshine.
He still loves bath time. In fact- if you leave the bathroom door open he will be trying to get in the bathtub in two shakes. He is a maniac in the bath and splashes and lives it up. It is easily his favorite time of day.
He does love to watch Baby Einstein. Thank Goodness because without Baby Einstein we wouldn't have accomplished moving day. I won't even tell you how many times the boy watched Baby DaVinci on moving day. Nope.
Last night we were out to eat at a resturant and he was in the high chair playing with a spoon. He dropped it in his lap and reached down to pick it up. When he got it he lifted it high in the air and said clear as day "I dot it!" (I got it!) He has said it twice since then.....10 months old people!
He also says "Dada" ALL the time! He will say Mama if you prompt him but Dada is all the time and when he sees Daddy. He says "ah dun" when he's done eating or drinking.
He just started playing peek a boo which is hilarious and he has just picked up a couple dance moves as well. He makes us laugh every day.
He will let go of furniture and plunge for things he wants or sometimes he will just stand for a couple seconds. I have no doubt he will be walking in a month.
We all love this baby boy- and he is really a joy. He still gets up once a night but after reading The No-Cry Sleep Solution and implementing the suggestions he puts himself to sleep at night in his bed! This is the MOST glorious thing that has happened. I will let him get up once a night.....for a couple more months at least.
We tried to move him to his crib when we moved to this house- and he hated it. He was waking up after 30 minutes screaming. I just couldn't coax him to sleep in his crib. We put him back in the pack and play and he went right to sleep. SO- fine- pack n play it is. I guess after 10 months he doesn't want to switch to a real baby bed.
I can't believe he's 10 months old.
2 comments:
10 months!!! I Can't believe it!!! He is so handsome and fun. A very exciting baby. Did you ever think you would have a child more energetic than Andrew???
That's amazing about the talking! What a smart boy. Lily says hello and dadda. Her pronunciation isn't that good yet. But it's a fun age. She's heading into the "lets dump everything" out of everything stage.
Glad you are settling into the new place! We missed you in blogging land.
Post a Comment