Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mario Party!

We had Emma's birthday party yesterday......BIG surprise she chose a Mario Party!

We had SUCH a great time and because of my AMAZING sisters and all their help we were able to throw an amazing party and NO children were neglected in the process.

Scott was sick all week and so much of my time was spend rocking and holding.  Hillary and Hayley proceeded forth with all the party details.  I helped when I wasn't holding, feeding, schooling, pumping milk or rocking.  If they hadn't been here I would have been working with NO sleep because I would have had to work all this magic AFTER the kids went to bed and even then some of the things they did I wouldn't have done as well because they are so very talented.

Without further ado- Emma's fabulous 6th birthday party:

The sign only broke about 4 times while we tried to hang it up



But, we got it up!  

Best pinata ever!  Best Aunts ever! This pinata cost all of about 50 cents!  Just the cost of the punch balloon.  I already had the newspaper for paper mache and paint.  Of course it took a little longer to make but it was AWESOME!



Toad house cupcakes requested by our Emma.  SO cute!



Pin the crown on Peach-  she is about as tall as Emma and Hillary DREW her!  Amazing!  

Hanging question boxes- of course



The kids loved hanging decorations

Who wouldn't love a wall of Yoshi fun?




We LOVE this little lady.  And, I CAN'T believe she will be 6 on Wednesday.  



Pinning the crowns on Princess Peach

Practicing their bounces

Bouncing like bunnies in red light green light.  

Killing a little time with some games waiting for two friends to arrive.  We played red light green light and simon says.  From left to right: Mackay, Shane, Easton, Jan, Hope, Andrew, Emma, Lily, Maren, Aiddan, and Nate.

Yoshi egg hunt- Mackay was the winner!  Kids had a blast looking for all the eggs!

Andrew wanted to break it.....and tried his hardest

Gimme that chomp!

Scott's turn at the chomp

Dead chomp.....sorry buddy





I just LOVE this smile- looking around at her friends......it's good to be 6!

Yes, food dye and sugar.  Every mother's dream afternoon.

The winner was clear in pin the crown on Peach.  The kids all had fun.

Hardworking baby sister taking a load off- love her!


She was very sweet to thank everyone for her gifts.  

All her little friends gathered around her- all the girls loved the present time- the boys were nowhere to be seen.  Typical- I guess that's why women have showers and men.....don't.


This is one LUCKY little lady.  She has such generous friends!

Scott was not impressed by us putting a party hat on him.   He slept through the first bit of the party and then let a bunch of adults take turns holding him.  He was great!

Emma got two turns to break the pinata.....but sadly the chomp was indestructible.  I broke him.  He was awesome!
This was one happy little lady!  

1 comment:

lynnissa said...

What a fun party! great job. love the pic of your baby crying...aren't those fun to snap when it's a laughable cry. :)