I don't think it's a secret I don 't like you very much. I try not to be negative so I focus on the things about you I DO like: my kids in totally adorable costumes and the occasional fun size Heath bars I get to eat. I like the pumpkins but hate carving them. I was thrilled this year that we got to skip this horrid and messy tradition.
I don't love the ghouls, ghosts, zombies, blood, and all the stupidity that comes with it. I hate scary masks, medium scary masks and bloody costumes. I DID try and cute the holiday up with a craft project this year. This is as scary as we like to be.
Now you are over and even though you bring so much ugly to an otherwise beautiful season this year I forgive you for existing. We had a lovely dinner with our friends and the kids had such a great time. Hillary and I had fun crafting and making monster mash desert together. Even though he was tired and crabby Scott was the CUTEST fire dog EVER. Andrew was the sweetest looking fireman I've ever seen. Emma was just giddy to be Princess Peach. I decided to join in the Mario game and made myself into Toadette. We came up with a way to make a Toadette hat, and Hillary did all the crafting on the hat so I didn't lose any sleep to make it. You brought us some good memories this year and for that- I thank you. I will never rank you above any other Holiday.....but because of all the fun we had I now like you as much as I do St. Patrick's Day.
Sincerely,
Brooke
Here is what the real Toadette looks like.
Here is my version:
Our brood of kids after dinner ready to hit the neighborhood and get me themselves some candy! The firemen drove around and gave out FULL SIZE candy bars to all the kids! It's goooooood to be a kid in this neighborhood..
Princess Peach is looking wonky in this picture.....but here is our Greenstreet clan on Halloween. I asked Mike if he was going to dress up and he said "no, I'm 30." Hmmmm, I'm 31 but being Toadette was FUN. Hillary made Scott's ears too- yarn and felt. SO cute!
Girls and Scott stayed behind to pass out candy and boys took the kids trick or treating. (My sweet friends Kate and Sherrie)
The loot!
No comments:
Post a Comment