I was so excited Mike was going to be here for my birthday this year! I tried to turn 29 again since last time he was here I was turning 29.....but then I decided I like being in my 30's so I went ahead and turned 31.
The day was a lot of fun with special wishes and calls and my annual milk shake from Chick fil a. Don't knock my traditions. The kids play and leave me alone and I drink my cookies and cream. Everyone wins.
Mike and I got to go out (with NO kids!) and we really enjoyed ourselves. We shared a pizza and then went shopping of the best kind.....shoe shopping! Oh I love me some DSW. It's a crime to buy shoes when my sister happens to work there and gets a 30 percent discount. But, luckily all the shoes I loved were out in my size or were $80. I just can't spend $80 on shoes. Even though Mike wouldn't have thought twice and would have bought me whatever shoes my heart desired. I found just what I needed next door at Ross for $15 and I was happy. Thanks to Maddie and our friend Sherrie for keeping our kids (Maddie with our big kids and Sherrie kept Scott). I had a GREAT birthday. Mike put my dessert together. Strawberries with angel food cake and whip cream for some and vanilla yogurt for others (like me- try it!)
The next day I got to go to lunch with 3 friends who all have birthdays within about 10 days of mine. It was TONS of fun. I can't remember when I went out with just friends- no kids for us to entertain and juggle. We did take Scott with us- but he was an angel baby. He also doesn't require a kids menu or anything to color so he is a good lunch date. Cheesecake Factory was AWESOME and the staff wrote on all four of our dessert plates in chocolate. It was so much fun! We all decided we would have another lunch date in September. Can't wait! It's good to have good friends.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to go out with "the girls". You deserve a break once in a while; and what a better time than your birthday. A great group picture. You're the youngest one, right?
So fun! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you!
It looks like you had some fun birthday celebrations! You deserve to have some time without kids. I like you chick-fil-a tradition, I might have to incorporate something like that!
Post a Comment