Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In WAY over my head

PROOF:

I hardly ever make dinner. (Although tonight I made YUMMY flautas!)
My laundry may never be done again and is in piles at various stages of "done" all over this house
The broom has been leaning up against the counter for a full 24 hours waiting for the sweeping to be finished
I think my children were bathed 3 times last week
Emma had to sleep in a makeshift "sleeping bag" on her bed last night because I didn't get her sheets washed/dried before bedtime
I wash my clothes when I run out of underwear
My husband has probably consumed 6 boxes of cold cereal for dinner in the last 5 weeks because his wife forgot how to make dinner
I thought today was Thursday and therefore didn't go to our library story time or my doctors appointment-both of which were today (Wednesday)

BUT:
I have a cute and squishy baby. He has his first cold which has made sleeping a bit of a challenge but he really is sweet. He has also decided he isn't a fan of our carriers- Moby wrap or Baby Bjorn....which makes things that I need 2 hands for a challenge. But, again, we'll keep him.

I have two big kids who are fun and forgiving that I'm so far below a stellar Mom. Poor Andrew has been known to get a board game out and wait for hours before someone will play with him.

So, I'm in way over my head....but for now I'm enjoying the view from the deep water. Just don't expect me to have a clean shirt on if we happen to swim into each other.



I love the look on Scott's face here- "Mom, seriously you're gonna leave me in between these two?"


My kids faces here are priceless. They love this baby SO much. There never was a baby brother loved (or touched) as much as baby "Scotty too-hottie" is.





They were having a parade. As a side note- those planters on the right side of the picture have our "garden" in them. Cucumbers, lettuce, pumpkins, squash. We're so pleased with them so far!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I might just copy and paste this post onto my blog and change the kids' names and pictures! And my babies are 10 months already. Here's how I manage- lower your expectation- try to get 1 thing done a day. Baths are every other day- maximum (so you get an A+ for 3 times in a week). I fold laundry while I nurse sometimes or I sit on the floor and "play" while the kiddos use the laundry basket as a toy (boat, car, etc I'm sure your kids do it to). Good luck! I just keep thinking, "I don't know how our mom's did it with all their kids!"

The Giles Files said...

You know it's funny...as I was reading your blog I thought about how much you sum up my life. I thought about the different phases of life we experience. Marriage. 1st kid. 2nd kid...and then kid #3. I can say that it when the shiz hit the fan for me. Of course, I thought it was a phase, and things would get better in about 6 months. But honestly, I am not too sure if they ever get better, or if I just get used to a whole new level of chaos.

And then I look back and think - man, what I wouldn't give to smell that new baby smell with _________ (fill in the blank of kids 1, 2, 3, or 4). And how I miss those quiet nights after a feeding, and when the baby is sleeping in my arms because I can't bear to set him/her down. Sometimes I think it is so unfair to have to worry about chaos management when there is a newborn in the house. With kid #4 - I tried to worry less about the chaos (sure the kids ate cereal 3 times a day, and didn't get away from the house very often - but they don't seem too traumatized by it)and enjoy the clean smell of a new baby. And I had to change what my definitions/expectations were about the stuff, and piles, that would have no problem waiting for me to get to another day.

{kim} said...

Hey, at least you had time to blog about it lol. I wish I could be more laid back like you. Honestly, you're never going to look back and say, "I wish I would have swept the kitchen floor more." But you might look back and wish that you had spent more time with your babies. Keep your head up!

andre said...

Don't feel too bad, my baby is almost a year and a half and I still feel like I'm in WAY over my head! It has gotten easier in time but 3 kids is a lot for me. I'm sure that things will get better quickly for you and since you are super mom you'll find a way to adjust great!

Tonia said...

That last comment was me, I didn't know Andre had logged in.

Megan said...

Three is WAY harder than two...at least that is what I have come to realize. You are doing amazing and your kids look pretty happy to me! Bummer that Scott doesn't like the Moby - it was such a lifesaver for me! Love love love him while he is too tiny because as you already know...they get big fast!

BritCosplay said...

Love your kids! We are all in over our heads. It is called being a mommy. Your sweet boy is way more important than laundry:)