Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's a BOY!

Today was my Dad's birthday (Happy Birthday, Papa!) So, I decided to tell him what his 7th grandchild would be....

Well, our ultrasound was today anyway.

Emma went with me and was SO excited to know if it was a boy baby or a girl baby. She has been very good for weeks and whenever anyone has asked her what she wanted the baby to be she would only say "I'm going to be flexible, cause I like girl babies and boy babies." She hasn't breathed a word otherwise for quite a while. Andrew has been saying for a couple of weeks he wanted the baby to be a girl so we can name her Lily- which we wouldn't- but it's funny to hear a 3 year olds desire to name a baby something.

So, today was the day- and the very first thing the ultrasound tech saw was this little babes face- a perfect left side profile. (She didn't snap a picture of the profile I saw at that second) but I saw his face/profile and I KNEW it was a boy. I just knew!

Right before she made THE announcement I called Mike (which I can't usually do he just happened to be in a place today where I could call him!) and she announced it was a boy. Mike did NOT believe her at first- he thought I'd set him up. He was SURE this baby was a girl. He was right for the first two, so I kind of believed him. But, it's a boy and he was surprised but thrilled. I'm excited to have my little guy. Heaven help me if he is half as energetic and mischievous as his brother but if I get to laugh at him as much as I do his brother and sister I'll take a certain bit of mischief.

Our little guy (who has no name at the moment- Mike was so sure it was a girl we really have only seriously talked about girl names) is measuring about 6 inches from head to rump and weighs about 10 oz. Obviously not cooked enough but he's in the 46th percentile for size which is fabulous news. He's been much smaller at all his other measurements and so he's taken a big growth spurt in the last couple weeks and is catching up.

I can feel him moving and am finally starting to get uncomfortable laying on my stomach. I love sleeping on my stomach so this is always a sad transition I have to make to sleeping in some other position.

My blood pressure today was 127/72 which is about as good as it gets for me- that was about my pressure pre-kids. I've started to swell a bit, but all my levels of everything that need to be down are down so we're cooking along. The doc said I was clear for travel to go to Italy as long as after a long day of playing walking tourist I came home and put my feet up and made my husband take care of the kids (doctors orders!). I've gained 6 lbs so far and I feel pretty good at this point. If I could get two certain children to stop joining me in my bed at night and get a full nights sleep I'd feel even better.

Here are a couple shots of our little guy-

Most likely this is the last time I post a picture of my sons genitals on the Internet....but just in case there was any doubt in his Daddy's mind- it's a boy.




9 comments:

Marti said...

Hurray for little boys! And congratulations! He'll be adorable.

Creestee2002 said...

So excited for you guys! I was just thinking how cool it was that you found out on your dad's birthday!

Corie Green said...

Awesome and congrats! Here is hoping the kiddo gets to keep cooking. :) <3 ya!!

ALYN said...

Lia likes Lilly also! Madi wanted to name Lia "Mac" and Lia wanted to name Charlie "Bucket"...

Kori said...

Yeah those pictures aren't too clear to me but I trust you saw that he's really a boy. Very exciting! We'll keep praying you stay pregnant a long time.

Shantommy said...

Congrats. I know what you mean, Jace has wanted to name our baby anything from Diego to Lizard to Carson or Shane. lol

Tonia said...

I'm so happy for you. At least Andrew picked a nice name. Definitely better than Bella's suggestion of Dora! I love how Emma's maturity shows through when people would ask her what she wanted the baby to be. Are you sure she's only 5?

Amantha said...

How wierd! Damen is all about the name Lily if he gets a sister! Im not for the name and now that I know Mike can be wrong, Im not sure about the sister part either...

BritCosplay said...

yay! I love little boys and Andrew will be so happy to be able to rough around with him! Congrats!