Today he asked me if he could rinse his dishes and I said yes. About 3 minutes later the water was still running so I came in the kitchen to end his dish rinsing experience and he was very busy filling the KITCHEN SPONGE up with water and sucking on it.
SO SO SO GROSS. I can't even think about what he might have sucked out of the sponge.
Yesterday Andrew got himself a drink from the water dispenser on the fridge and (like usual) there was a bit of a water mess because THIS time he decided to fill up my 1 liter water bottle and fill up his cup with it. Well, there was a liter of water on the floor....
He learned how to open the mini bags of M&M's out of the Halloween candy bowl. I'll let you imagine how I found that out. Let's just say I brushed his teeth REALLY well tonight.
Today he asked if he could take his nap in my room which I thought was fine. He's done this many times before. He doesn't nap too often these days but we will have rest time 'til my kids go to college. Anyway, today when I went to get him he had found a pen in my nightstand and since there was no paper handy he COVERED my pillowcase in letters. I mean- I'm glad the kid can write but my goodness!
Here's the proof:

In perfect Andrew style this kid balances his mischief with perfect sweetness. It's why we keep him around.
This week he said to me "Emma is so funny, Mom. I'm funny and you're funny and Daddy is funny." I asked him why he thought Daddy was funny and he said "he always talks to me about funny situations."
I don't think I've ever heard a three year old say "situations" before. He cracks me up.
Andrew is becoming quite pro at the head stand. (No, he still doesn't wear any pants. Eventually he will care about not wearing pants but it's a battle I don't fight).

Well, Emma has decided she wants to do headstands too- but she's not quite the natural gymnast her brother is. So, I was folding laundry and Emma asked her brother to help her. He led her right over to the wall to help her balance- and helped away. He's a good, sweet boy. Even if he does cover my pillow in letters, spill gallons of water on the floor, refuse to wear pants and suck on kitchen sponges. I think we'll keep him around.

3 comments:
haha, i love this post! Andrew is a riot!
Spencer does headstands too, but usually they're on the couch. I think Tanner is turning into my mischivious one.
Impressive! This is one to share with Andrew's fiance someday. Funny stuff. That's one artistic pillowcase. And the sponge, oh yummy!
Post a Comment