Friday, May 21, 2010

All on a Friday

Mike and I have been able to "see" each other most every day on Skype since he's been in Italy. It's been REEEAAALLLY nice. The kids have seen him, shown him things, it's made the space between us much smaller. However, that little love affair ended since now he's out on a ship with no Skype 'til he comes home in July. I'll miss seeing his sweet face, but now we're about at the half way point in this deployment and if we stay half as busy as we did the first half our happy reunion day will be here in no time.

Pam and I packed the kids in the stroller this morning and enjoyed a brisk 3 mile walk. I'm not sure how it is possible but this trail is uphill both ways. It really is. I really earned the bagel we had afterwards. The kids had muffins and then danced to the music on the radio. Since you weren't there to see the dancing I'll tell you they get their skills from their Mama. It's good stuff. We then came back to the house, showered and went out to the Mall where we enjoyed only half of the greatest mall in the country. Okay, I've never been to Mall of America but King of Prussia Mall is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO great. I'm sure I could easily spend all day every day there- Disney store, Learning Express, HUGE Borders, Pottery Barn Kids- and that's only the half we went to today! After the mall we came home and Andrew took a snooze. Emma and Maddie and I played some games. Emma put on a one woman singing show for me- and again I will take the credit for her singing skills. Anyone who can turn a popcicle stick into a microphone has mad singing talent, right? Then, in a fabulous turn of events I got to go to the Phillies/Red Sox games with Jordan. It was a wonderful, fabulous, spontaneous night out. The kids didn't even bat an eye when I said I was going to go to the game and were both sleeping angels when I came home. That was amazing. I felt very grateful to have good friends my kids are safe and happy with. It is such a blessing to have people you can leave your most precious things with and know they will be good to them.

Here are some snapshots of Friday-
Emma putting on her one woman show


Emma pretty excited about playing CandyLand-


Andrew with a little Starfall.com- he can use the mouse now and everything! Kids and computers, huh?


Andrew made everyone laugh- of course! Funny little guy.


We had GREAT seats at the Phillies game! I loved them! This is a view from our seats. The seats were so good I didn't even need my glasses! Which is good, because I forgot them.


Jordan and I had a great time together. Bad photography skills included. He's basically the coolest 17 year old I know. Truly.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I'm glad you are almost to the halfway point. It seems like you guys have been staying super busy. I hope the next half goes even faster than the first and that Mike is home before you know it. It looks like you guys are having a good time!