Sunday, March 14, 2010

HOME!

This is how the day went in my imagination:
Wake up
Shower
Drive to the squadron building
Meet my friend there to take some pictures
Mike flies in at 9 and we are all happily united
Home by 11

This is how it went:
The morning was FOGGY and Mike called at about 7 to say they might not fly off.
He called again at 8 to say they were going to ride the ship in- so I'd have to meet him at the pier.
We drive to the pier where the ship was supposed to pull in between 10-10:30
We arrived at 9:15 not knowing about parking, crowds, etc
We could barely see the water in front of us it was so foggy
Mike called to say if it didn't clear they were going to drop their anchor there in the bay
Kids splashed in the puddle
We waited and waited and waited and waited



Then after some serious prayers, clouds parted


We could hear the fog horn so we knew the ship was getting closer- Emma wasn't a fan of the fog horn and Andrew decided to pass the time by taking a little nap.



FINALLY we saw the ship- by this time it's after 12


We saw Mike up on the ship waving to us. All the families lined up to go onto the ship and I texted Mike and asked him to come down to us- which he did and we saw him only 3 minutes later.





We were on our way to the car while many were still in line to get on the ship.

We got home about 3!
Wild, crazy day- but sweet sweet ending.

P.S.
I am NOT already counting down to April 7th when he leaves again.

6 comments:

Tonia said...

So glad he made it home!

Kori said...

Very nice reunion with Daddy! Looks like a lot of people were waiting for a while.

TnT Bingham said...

Remind me to tell you sometime about the day Trev came home from Kuwait. =)

The kids in their daddy's arms brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you!!! Good job Mama, you did a great job these past couple of months!!!

Welcome home Mike!

Adriane said...

Great news, I'm glad he's back!

ALYN said...

That picture is awesome! I'm teary eyed. That looks like one happy family!

I'm sorry the homecoming day was such a long wait!

{kim} said...

Such a great picture of the kids running up to him! Sorry he has to leave again so soon :-(