Monday, February 8, 2010

All in a day

What a day!

My cat is currently trying to find a comfortable position on my lap and I'm wishing Mike was sitting on the other end of the couch so I could be doing the same thing to him. At the end of every day eventually I throw the couch pillow at him and adjust myself to laying in a most comfortable position on his lap while we finish watching whatever we're watching or watching the fireplace crackle and talk about all the things that we went on in our parallel universes.

Well, he's not here tonight and I did a LOT today. I mean, if you showed up at my door right now you wouldn't be able to tell I had done anything but I swear I have!

It all started when Andrew tapped me on the shoulder at 5:59 a.m.

It's about that same time every day.

Get the chocolate milk from the fridge, start an episode of Diego on the portable DVD player sitting on my floor and go back to sleep for the entire episode

Get up, get dressed, make the bed

Pack my back pack of stuff so we can take the car to the dealership to have a bunch of stuff done today (planned maintenance this time)

Get kids dressed

Start car, load 4 tires, 2 struts, 5 quarts of oil, and oil filter into the trunk of car.

Drive to dealership and drop off car.

Switch car seats to the shuttle van with questionable man to drive us home

Smile and sweetly ask the guard at the gate to let the man in shuttle van with no military tags onto the base so he can take me home

Thank the guard for letting the untagged van on base

Take car seats out of shuttle van

Clean up kitchen

Vacuum stairs/laundry room/upstairs of the house

Finally put the pack n play away the kids have been playing with in my room for 2 weeks since our friends baby was here to sleep in it

Start to organize toy closet

Agree to watch neighbors 2 little girls while their mom goes to a brunch

Get all the toys that need to be organized out

Answer the door and let 2 little girls in to play

Try to get most of the toys put away before the four kids cause a toy explosion

Fail at before mentioned goal

Spend the next 90 minutes picking up trails of toys

Make lunch for four kids (Mac and cheese and apple slices)

Serve lunch and hear Emma say "awwww, there's cheese in this!" (with disgust)

Clean up lunch

Let the kids color

Clean up the coloring

Turn on Team Umi Zoomi and clean up toys

Read some stories to the kids

Chat with neighbor about organic dairy products before she takes her girls home

Sigh at the massive mess upstairs and down

Read to the kiddies before "rest time."

Close my eyes for 20 minutes on the couch while listening to Andrew pound his feet on the floor and say "I don't want to take a nap today." and Emma saying "is it time to get up yet, Mom?"

Let the kids get up and play simplified Enchanted Forest game

Answer the call that my car is ready and ask for the shuttle to come pick us up

Hear the lady on the phone tell me the shuttle stopped running 10 minutes ago

Call my friend and beg a ride to the dealership

Get the kids ready to be in the car for an hour (again)

Load car seats into my friend Cyndi's car

Ride in traffic to dealership, but have a nice chat while playing "shape searchers"

Pay for the car

Load car seats into our car

Drive home- now it's dark what happened to the day??!!?

Feed the kids some soup

Clean up some toys upstairs

Have the shortest Family Home Evening ever

Get kids ready for bed

Come downstairs sigh at the mess sitting around

Pick up the computer and log onto Facebook and say Hello to my Sweetie who logged on to say hi to me before he went to fly...

Think of how much I love Facebook

Chat with Pam on the phone about this summer's beach house in Ocean City

And, here we are....thinking about Mike, Ocean City and the mess- and how I'm so happy I don't have to switch my car seats tomorrow.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Just reading about your day makes me tired. You are amazing!

Kori said...

Many times I wonder what I do each day. Many times the answer is : Take care of kids and that's about it, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

BritCosplay said...

oh my goodness! I need a nap just reading that! I don't know how you do it, but I will be sending lots of prayers your way to help!

{kim} said...

I despise switching carseats. You are a brave woman.