Friday, January 8, 2010

In the cold

I am NOT a fan of the cold.

I don't like sweaters.

I hate snow.

I have never dreamed of a white Christmas.

Wearing socks makes me crabby. (Although Mike got me a fabulous pair of slippers for Christmas I LOVE)

Winter is just ick. I was buckling the kids in the car and I said "I wish it was summer." I ran around to get in and when I did Emma said to me SO matter-of-factly "Well, Mom you can't change the seasons." Don't I know it.

I know most of the country is MUCH colder than we are but I really would prefer to never see temps lower than 40. I'm trying to train for my first 8K here Mother Nature.

So, after being inside pretty much all week the kids were DYING to get outside, throw some rocks on the FROZEN lake, etc. So, we bundled up and went out for a bit.
I have to admit seeing hat and scarf clad babes is the ONLY sweet thing about winter. But, I will give it nothing more.

Dear Mr. Winter,

Thank you for the cute pictures of my kids. They really are precious with little red noses and it WAS fun to sit by the fire and eat our waffles and watch Special Agent Oso when we came in.

That will do for you this year. You can go now.

Begrudgingly,

Me




3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I hate winter too! I am totally depressed lately because I have only seen the sun twice since December 21st and it has been snowing for two weeks straight. And, it hasn't gotten above 21 degrees. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

That is so cool that Mike doesn't have to leave now until April!

Good luck on your race. You can do it!

{kim} said...

I DEPSISE cold weather also. I hate it when people say they like it cause they like the different seasons. Well, I don't give two farts about seasons. Give me HOT weather for 12 months and I'll be happy. I knew we were best friends for a reason. Want to move to Yuma with me?

Kori said...

I'm with you girl! Arizona weather all the way. Luckily for me I've never lived in it either, yet anyway.