Thanksgiving:
We had ourselves a happy little Thanksgiving. To be honest we were kind of depressed leading up to it that it was JUST us. We weren't even having dessert with anyone. We thought we were lame....BUT as it turned out it was SUCH a great day. We bought a bone in turkey breast and brined it. It was AWESOME I don't think I've ever made a "good" turkey before this one. I didn't cook all day long- just long enough for a nice dinner. Emma set our table, Andrew ate about 2lbs of potatoes and Mike was my sous chef. We didn't have to worry about hosting or cooking a ton and we didn't have to travel. It was a stress free day. We even managed to snap some shots for our Christmas card (that didn't actually get sent....but it was a cute picture). Here are some of the shots we took ourselves:
On their way to and from South Carolina for Thanksgiving Grandma and Grandpa Greenstreet stopped in for a little visit. It's always fun when Grandparents come. We set up our tree on the day after Thanksgiving and we were all decorated when they came through on their way home. I think Grandpa reading a story with a Christmas tree in the back ground makes for quite a nice shot.

We went to our ward Christmas Party and the kids sat on Santa's lap for the first time EVER. Emma was VERY nervous waiting in line wondering what in the world she should say. She finally decided she'd like to ask for a princess doll (hopefully she's imagining one of the ones we actually got her). So, she very timidly sat on Santa's lap and I interpreted her whisper of a "princess doll" to him. He said "wow, that is a great wish. I bet you'd like a nice doll house to go with it." I said "hey, Santa! Just the doll will be good..."
Santa clearly does not have children. The next day at church I told "Santa's" wife he owed me a doll house since Emma said to me that morning "mommy do you think Santa will bring me a doll house to go with my princess doll?" Luckily in our house Santa's job is to fill the stockings so the easy answer was that the doll house wouldn't fit in her stocking so Santa couldn't bring it....but geeze! We didn't have our camera with us so our friend snapped a couple of pictures of Andrew with his iphone and emailed them to me....he went after Emma and after I lamented not having a camera....Andrew decided to ask for a truck. What a little sweetie.

While we were in Philadelphia we were there for our sweet little friend Madison's birthday. Turning 14 is VERY important and Emma could NOT have been more excited about a pink princess party complete with a fun shoe pinata! In leiu of party hats we had tiaras! ALL of us....
We were so happy to be able to share in such a fun party!
Our friends celebrate Hanukkah and I love the shot of all five "kids" around the table (ages 16-2) lighting the menorah. It took our kids 2 nights to realize you don't blow the candles out...but they got it. It was really really fun!
And, last but not least one thing that made me laugh really really hard this month was taking about 50 silly pictures with Mike. For some reason this makes us laugh....
Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of our first date. (I know! 2 whole weeks after we met!) In reminiscing about that date I am really glad we're on this side of 10 years. Not that being in new love isn't so darn exciting but....
-We get to see each other every day
-We sleep next to each other
-We have 2 really awesome kids
-I don't have to worry about him deciding I'm too weird or crazy to marry anymore
-His family likes me more now than when I originally appeared on the scene. They all think I'm okay now but I wouldn't say the new girlfriend of the 18 year old not yet been on a mission Naval Academy Plebe is a title I'd like to live through again. All is well that ends well and we are a happy family.
And, if you can't tell from the picture above we've had a lot of fun over the last 10 years. A lot. Laughing makes all the difference.
4 comments:
It's amazing how young they figure out this whole Santa thing. Your family is very cute Brooke.
Your family pics look really good. So no Christmas cards this year? Me neither. I just haven't felt good enough so oh well. I was really hoping for a picture of some white cheese pizza in this post. I do hope that you ate some??
How fun! I love the photos you guys took of yourselves They turned out very good!
Post a Comment