Sunday, November 8, 2009

Things you don't see every day

A pilgrim driving a police car.



A dolly taking a nap in the infant car seat. Emma told me "I gave her some toys in case she wants to play when she wakes up."



A birthday practice cake. Emma has chosen a "fairy" theme for her 4th birthday and asked "will I get a fairy cake?" Um....yes....sure. This is absolutely the first cool cake I've ever attempted. This is the practice since I had to be sure it wouldn't look like a pile of slime for the big day. I even made the frosting from scratch and based on the fact that I threw out a cake missing a couple of pieces and ALL of its frosting today I'd say it was okay. Do you get that it's a grass hill? And, mushrooms?

I know Andrew is going to choose Thomas in 4 months and I'm trying to figure out how I can make a Thomas cake....


A mostly naked child playing at the kitchen sink. What is it with my kids not putting their pants back on after they go to the bathroom?

3 comments:

{kim} said...

funny. talan used to always stay naked for awhile too. good job on the cake, it looks great!

Cassie said...

I've seen lots of train molds around...

Love the bum! My kids love when they escape their clothes too.

Jennifer said...

Love the fairy birthday cake!! It reminds me of all the amazing birthday cakes my mum made for me. She also made numerous train cakes for my brother (who loved Thomas the Tank-engine when we lived in England). Although I think a cake tin in the shape of a train would be easier, you can made the round, engine part of the train with a swiss roll. Stack that on top of a flat cake (one layer) to support the wheel mechanism; on one end but another rectangular piece (for the front) and a stack of square cakes at the rear for the driver's area. I think my mum used cookies (bigger ones) for the wheels and fruit leathers for the iron things joining the wheels, and a ho-ho for the smoke stack. Enjoying my technical language? Don't ask me to describe the pirate ship (with edible rigging) she made for my brother! Lets just say it was incredible!