Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let's call it a Thanksgiving miracle!

Andrew went to nursery today!

I went with him at first and after 5 minutes I decided to tell him I was leaving and see how he would take it. I've tried this many many many times before and they always bring him to me hysterical 5 minutes later. Well, he cried when I told him I was leaving (of course) and he ran in a corner and laid on the floor and cried. I checked on him 2 minutes later and he was still laying on the floor but not crying. I thought he just might be able to pull himself together so I went to class.

And, 2 hours later at the end of church Mike picked him up. He made it! The teacher said he even participated in singing and was happy the rest of the time after he sulked for about 5 minutes.

MIR-A-CLE!

5 comments:

Kori said...

Congratulations on your youngest going to nursery, it makes church much more enjoyable. It's a hard adjustment for some kids to break away from Mommy for the first time really.

Alison said...

Congratulations!!! Good job Andrew!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to be able to go to class without having to worry about Andrew.

Michelle said...

WAHOO! Congratulations. That will be so nice for you and Mike. Way to go Andrew!

{kim} said...

Whoo hoo!! Good job Andrew.