Well, instead of leaving a giant comment on the last post to answer everyone's questions about P90X I thought I'd just post all the answers here.
Tonia- first of all- for a woman who's already given birth 3 times you look more amazing than many who've never had one baby! I'm sure you'd get back in shape without this, but I know you'd love it too since you love a challenge.
I DO workout 6 days a week. That's a hard part. All of the workouts are just about an hour (usually 58 minutes). Two days a week, sometimes three days a week you add the ab workout which is 16 minutes long. The cardio disc is the shortest at 48 minutes and while it's still a really great workout I would consider this the "easiest" workout since there are no weights. The time goes by really quickly because you rarely stop moving. I find it MUCH harder to motivate myself to workout at night. It's hard to exercise for an hour if you start at 8:30 at night. So, I've done my best to get it done during the day even if it means my kids working out with me.
We have quite a few sets of weights. For the most part Mike uses 20's. However, I think he'll be ready for 25's when he gets back. We've got 5,8,10,15 and 20's. For the arm workouts I use 15's 10's and for triceps stuff mostly 8's.
Cassie- I'm so glad Mike and I did this together. We've always loved working out together and this has been so great for us. Don't be intimidated. I was REALLY nervous the day before we started. But, you'll be really sore and then you'll be stronger- it's awesome. And, I've done Jillian's 30 day shred. I love that DVD. There are 3 workouts at 20 minutes a piece and they're pretty hard. You never stop for a second in these workouts and I'd say they're a good step to take in getting ready for P90.
Jenn- About the diet yes and no. The best part of the diet is that it's been great for us as far as health food goes. We're both really picky so we don't follow the menu however we've eaten a LOT healthier. We even bought fish! Mike drinks a protein powder drink after he works out. I don't. I count my calories (which I HATE doing) and have found I'm really good at estimating how much things have in them. I now just write down what I eat and calculate it at the end of the day. Sometimes I go over and a few days I've been under. We haven't been super strict on it though. Since... well.... we love pizza. It's all about give and take. I love Chick-fil-a so when we go I have a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of fruit (440 calories total). I skip the waffle fries (delicious though they may be). Tell Erica to go for it. I know Patty would be sure fainting means I'm pregnant...but no I am not. This probably isn't a great program to start if you're pregnant. :)
Greg-
We've got weights 5,8,10,15 and 20 lb sets. We already had weights so it was easy for us. But, if you had to go out and buy a bunch of sets of weights it would be more costly. But, weights are worth it.
We also have a pull up bar. We've got an iron gym one. Mike sometimes wishes we had the one you can buy at beachbody.com because it's got a super wide grip option. But, he's making it work. We've also both got yoga mats, but we already had those too so we didn't have to buy them. Hope that helps.
BELIEVE ME if I can do this, anyone can. It's not easy but I've come to love that. I know I'm going to end up sweaty, red faced and exhausted. Then, I'm going go to bed later knowing I did my best that day and that feels really good.
2 comments:
Thanks for being my P90X expert and answering all of my questions!
I was also going to tell you, Andre has been lifting weights a lot (trying to get huge) and he's actually gained like 10 pounds but he has lost a lot of fat. The scale doesn't always tell everything - as you know.
Post a Comment