BUT, the house will definitly be ready when we're ready to move out of here! Hooray!
We get more and more excited about moving there every day.
We have to move ourselves (eww). There are many things that really suck about this family life thing with a spouse in the navy but one thing that's awesome is we always have movers to do all the really yucky work of packing, loading and unloading. They would also unpack us if we wanted them to but we prefer to do that ourselves. So, this move is local- and that means it's all on us. Hmmm....I'll have to remember how to do that.
We got a copy of the floor plan and it's really awesome. It's 11x17 and my scanner doesn't scan that big so I'll have to shrink it on a copy machine before I can load the floorplan (mom). BUT, here's a picture of the outside of the house. This isn't OUR house since ours is still being built. But, this is basically what they all look like. Some our different colors and some are an unfortunate blue color (please don't let ours be blue). The garage belongs to the house. They all have detached garages. It's very exciting to only have one car so we can fill the other half with stuff that is currently IN the house (bike, bike trailer, tools, blah blah blah)
So, anyway- all you military spouse readers- how much do you want to move to Norfolk and be my neighbor?
12 comments:
That pretty much looks like the White House. What will you do with all that room?? :)
Wow! What a GREAT house! I'd love to be your neighbor!
Does your lease have a military clause? I just learned about those in Alaska... If it has a military clause, you can get out of it for free if you are moving from there to military housing...check on it...its worth a shot! Even if it doesn't there might be some way of doing it through the military that makes you not have to pay since you will be moving into housing. We got out of our 1 year lease to move to military housing when we got preggo with Jace.
WOW!!!!! Those look like base command houses anywhere I've ever been. I agree with Shannon, if you can get the housing office to write a letter stating you *have* to move onto base, you can get out of your lease (usually). And sometimes even if there isn't a military clause in your lease, there may be a state law that would also allow you to get out early.
Oh how I wish we were Navy and could live there....
Our lease says we have to be "ordered" to base housing to move. And, when we asked the housing office about such a letter they basically laughed at us and said "no, you have to finish out your lease." Meanies!
Are you kidding me?! That is beautiful! Totally jealous of you right now. That's awesome for you though.
I want to be your neighbor! That house is huge and beautiful. YOu'll get so spoiled you'll never want to move again! Not to mention after you fill it up with stuff it will be hard to downsize again! I love that style of house and extra storage is a BIG plus! I'm happy for you and can't wait to see the floorplan!
I so want to be your neighbor! That house is beautiful! Congrats!!!
Yeah, I want to be your neighbor too! I wanted to be your neighbor again anyway because it was so fun the last time but this just seals the deal. Maybe the Navy is better than the Coast Guard after all ;)
Dang! I'd give that house a 90% on my dream house rankings. Because I would love a 2 story with detached garage!
Can't wait to see the floor plans!
Pick me! I don't care about the house (although it is awesome), I just want to live by YOU!
Oh, I'm jealous. We live in the projects compared to that. But even if YOU lived in the projects, I'd still love to be your neighbor!!!
Post a Comment