Despite the very obvious holiday tomorrow we have our own special holiday here tomorrow. Tomorrow is April 12. The day Andrew came home from the hospital. It was SUCH a great day. By the time we went to pick Andrew up our doctor could barely stand us. She was a good doctor but I think we were a bit pushy for her taste. And, neither of us were scared to say what we thought....and parents that sound like they know what they're talking about freak doctors out sometimes. So, we showed up to pick Andrew up at 8 a.m. and on our way up the steps was our very own neonatologist (who's name I absolutely cannot remember now). We said hello to her and when she saw it was us coming up the steps behind her she jumped and said "ah, you two are here bright and early." I said "we came to make sure the first thing you do is sign Andrew's release papers today." We followed her to the reception desk and she said to the secretary "please get me the Greenstreet baby's release papers and get these people the h%#* out of my NICU." Four and a half hours later we enjoyed this scene:
Time really really flies. I'd love to have a day of those two little guys back. Just a day though....it was pretty tough and I changed a LOT more diapers.
I also love this video (and Easter) because it makes me think of my Grandma who spent 6 weeks with us after Andrew was born and made our lives insanely easy. Without her....who knows! I often wish I could have her again for 6 weeks but with no baby in the hospital. Just cooking dinner together, reading, and talking about the books we read and seeing her with my kids. Emma's middle name (Kathryn) is after her.
7 comments:
That's precious!I remember how determined Brooke & Mike were to bring home their baby!
I can't believe Emma's 2 & has as much hair as Gwen does @ age 5!
Mommie made that dress, it's fit her for a year, soon she'll be grown out of it. I am going to have to get on the "sewing" train:)
So sweet, I can't believe how little Emma was when you brought tiny Andrew home from the hospital. It's so cute that she had no idea what to do with him. Congrats on celebrating this special day!
I LOVED the video! I remember having to protect our newborns from the next older sibling -- Mother Lion style.
So sweet! I can't believe how time has flown!
I guess you have to do a lot of your waiting after the baby is born because they come so early! THat is sweet. They are both adorable... and you two. YOur family seems like they have a lot of fun and laughs together. Happy special day!
Post a Comment