Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kiddie quotes

Emma cracks me up. Just now I was going to read to her for nap time. On my way in my room I stopped and did a pull up (like I usually do) and she said "are you getting stronger mommy?" I said "yes, every day I'm getting stronger." She said "yes you really are strong and righteous."

The day we were leaving to Philadelphia Emma said to me "is it Easter yet?" She doesn't know we sort of skipped Easter. I told her when daddy gets home we would have Easter. Hey, if we missed it (stomach flu and all) we may as well just wait for Mike and do it all together.

Listening to the Annie soundtrack the kids favorite song is "Hard knock life" (big surprise). Emma thoughtfully said to me during one of the playings "mommy it IS a hard knock life." I'm not sure what she thinks hard knock means but I'm pretty sure sitting in your comfy car seat listening to Annie on an ipod doesn't really count as a hard knock. :)

This one is my favorite:
When we were out one day in Philadelphia we stopped at McDonalds for lunch. I always just get a grown up meal for the kids to share. I do this because I want a large Diet Coke with no ice and don't want to pay for stupid Happy Meal toys (unless they are My Little Ponies which rocked). So, the lady gives us the food and I put the bag down and drive away. Of course the food is the temperature of the sun. Emma asked "can I have a fry?" I said "no, sorry they're too hot you'll have to wait." She asked "can I have a chicken." Again I said they were too hot. Getting a little impatient she said "well, can I have a Diet Coke with no ice?" I laughed and said "no, sorry all aspartame and caffeine filled drinks are for mommy." I guess that is a hard knock.



This is what Andrew does when you tell him to smile for a picture.

We were driving to Linvilla Orchards. Jordan rode in the car with me and he and I are both pretty sharp in Yellow Car. Of course if you play Yellow Car you know the ultimate coveted sighting is the yellow Hummer. We stopped to get gas and coming out of the gas station we turned left and from the back seat we hear from Andrew "lellow hummer."

Sure enough there was one sitting there that neither of us saw. This was so hilarious to me because I didn't know he had any idea what a yellow Hummer was (or any Hummer for that matter).

4 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my goodness hilarious! I love the hummer story and I still love the McDonald's story. They are so cute!

Mollie Lawrence said...

Those are cute quotes, good ones!

Tonia said...

I think Emma is too smart for her own good! And how cute that Andrew plays along with your yellow car game, he's too little for that isn't he? That reminds me, how much is he weighing these days anyway? Has he made it over 20 pounds yet?

Cassie said...

So cute!! I think Andrew looks more like Mike every day!