Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hi-ho Cherry O faces

Well, Emma has reached the "playing game" stage. I have to say I quite like it so far. The games are simple and include hide and seek, dominoes and Hi-ho Cherry O which is her favorite. We played about 4 rounds the other day and the little turkey beat me every time! I just loved how happy she was while we were playing. Everything made her giggle. Everything. Made for some nice little snap shots.





A couple of other notes about life a la Emma.
Last Friday night we went to some friends house (or rather a friends parents house where they were house sitting- it was huge and had 3 staircases!) We had pizza and played Wii and the kids swam in the (cooled down) hot tub. We turned on the jets and they both flipped out and that was the end of swimming.
Emma got to stay up and play with us and she was up until 10:45! That is the latest she has EVER stayed up and she was quite pleased with herself.
I overheard Emma playing with a couple of her animals. The puppy was cold he said "oh no I'm so cold" and the mommy puppy said "don't worry baby puppy we will go to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy you a blanket." I thought this was especially funny since I don't think we've ever bought anything at Bed Bath and Beyond. We've been in the store but never bought anything. Where do kids come up with this stuff?
Emma sleeps in a pull up. (As a side note I don't think she'll ever stop peeing in her sleep. Ever) Well, of course we buy generic ones and the ones from Target have a Pirate on them. I was putting on one her the other day before bedtime and she said in her best pirate voice "oh, this is my sleep diap from Taaaaaarrrrget." I laughed. Pretty hard.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The are so cute at this age!! I also LOVE the telling jokes age (I think it's around 8-10) Kids crack me up.

Alison said...

So cute!! I miss Emma so much.

Mollie Lawrence said...

I am so amazed at how long and beautiful her hair is! These are great picture:)

Alison said...

Taaarrget! Love it!

{kim} said...

How come I've never heard of this game Hi-ho Cherry O? Well, whatever it is Emma sure looks like she's having fun playing it. You'll have to explain it to me sometime.

Erin said...

Her hair is so pretty! I love when they are at the age where they are so funny!

Adriane said...

She's so cute! I love the pictures... and the pirate voice!

Tonia said...

She's such a cutie and is getting so big! I love the pics.