This weekend was really quite fun. Friday night Mike and I got to go out to dinner. We had a babysitter come after our kids went to bed. It's so funny that we go out and come back and they never even knew we were gone. I think Emma would be totally fine with a babysitter. In fact, I think she might even enjoy it. Andrew? Well, the nursery should be a clue. He MIGHT be okay since Emma would be with him. But, I would feel so bad for him because I know the babysitter wouldn't understand the things he was saying. I don't even understand him sometimes. But, for now the going out after they go to bed works for us. We had a lovely dinner and dinner conversation. We always enjoy moments we can walk and hold hands. Saturday we went grocery shopping all together (ALWAYS an adventure) and took the kids to a playground at the mall. We went to a mall with a carousel and the kids got to take their very first carousel ride. Emma loved it and was so excited about it. She was quite angry when it was over. Andrew couldn't quite decide if he liked it or not. Mike rode on his horse with him and he thought that was okay. I was so sad I didn't have my camera to capture their first ride...oh well. At least I am writing about it.
Emma said to me many times on Friday "Happy Valemtimes, mommy. I love you." Which I replied likewise to her every time. After about 30 rounds of that at various points during the day she said to me "okay mommy, Valemtimes is over. Happy Hanukkah!" It made me laugh. Emma also got to enjoy her very first pixie stick she got with a valentine. Of course, she found it quite enjoyable. Andrew was asleep when she enjoyed it and we decided maybe to wait on giving him a straw full of sugar.
I also had a first of my own today. Some friends invited us to a potluck dinner tonight. I made mashed potatoes. When I walked in my friend said "I knew you were going to bring something awesome. I told everyone you were a cook." Well, I CAN cook, but I wouldn't say I was terribly good at it. I can make a few good things. But, she insisted I was a really good cook. I thought it was kind of funny. But, if making good tacos and mashed potatoes makes me a cook....alright!




3 comments:
Please tell Emma that she is absolutely beautiful and please tell Andrew that he is very handsome! We really miss you guys. Hearing about your potluck made me jealous :) Your tacos and potatoes are always amazing!
You're right, they do look very cute! Love the suspenders!
Oh Brooke your family is the prettiest ever!!!! You are the best mom ever. You're homeschooling and you're so creative and great at it! JEALOUS!!!
Post a Comment