Monday, December 15, 2008

A gingerman house

Well, instead of organizing myself for my trip or tidying the house today we made a big fat mess. We made a "gingerman" house. It was really fun and I was very impressed that the kids didn't try and eat even one peice of candy. I told them that the candy was "decorations" and I never ever said the word candy one time and they just used the "decorations" all over the house.
Before you're even remotely impressed by this little activity be aware I made NOTHING. I bought this kit for Target for $8. I wanted to make a little house with the kids and when I saw them on sale last week I snatched it right up. They had so much fun I think after Christmas I'll go back and see if I can get any on clearance to do on rainy sad days.


We had quite a bit of frosting left over and we decided the best thing to do would be to finger paint with it. Andrew thought this was a magical activity...Emma was a little more involved in just licking her finger.


Fun! Fun! Fun!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Can I be a Mom like you when I grow up?

Anonymous said...

Last year our gingerbread house (purchased as a kit from Costco) lasted one hour before the scavenging began -- two days later not a "decoration" to be found -- just walls and messed up frosting. This year the "decorations" are in a bowl on the counter. If you want to see a cool blog about making gingerbread houses made by a friend of mine -- www.EasyGingerbread.Blogspot.com.

Tonia said...

It looks like they had a lot of fun! I can't believe they didn't eat a bite of candy, that's really impressive!