Monday, November 10, 2008

Ahhh...a weekend

Truth be told there's not a lot of differnce to most of my days of the week. I stay home with my kids every day, and I love that....but I still live for the weekends when my hubby is home, to help, to talk to, to enjoy. We had a great weekend. We had a couple of the MOST beautiful fall days I have ever seen. Crisp air, blue sky, amazing tree colors. It was just what you would wish for on a fall day. We also had the best "date night" on Friday. We watched You've Got Mail. Ahhh, it made us miss New York City, and talk about the first times we saw that movie (Mike saw it with his high school girlfriend and I saw it with my best friend Kim) I love that movie, and I do LOVE New York City. It was a great choice of a movie and probably the best part about the whole thing is that it was Mike's idea (awwww). Gotta love those moments when the man suggests a movie you actually really want to watch. Thanks, honey.
What's a weekend here without a trip to the bridge?? It's just a small bridge over a questionable canal where we see fish, geese and turtles but the kids love it. We took bunches of pictures....
Are these my kids?? They look so grown up!


Sliding down the grassy hill. Not the cleanest activity but pretty fun if you like getting grass and dirt in your pants.

Looking for fish...

Andrew could easily fit between the wood slats. We keep one hand on him all the time. If he goes in, we have to go in and get him...no one wants that.

Mike was trying to take a new picture of Emma on his cell phone. I thought it made a funny shot.





There's nothing better on a great weekend than having a bunch of great pictures to remember it by.

13 comments:

Alison said...

So Fun! I can't believe how big they look now! The family picture is beautiful!! you look really good Brooke!

Tonia said...

The kids really do look all grown up! Emma's hair is getting so long. I love your new picture up top. You actually make me kind of miss the fall, did I just say that? Well just the fall, not the winter ;)

Shantommy said...

What a beautiful family. I love your new pix!

jeNnA said...

awesome Pics! :) Andrew is getting so big! Goodness!

{kim} said...

Where did Emma get that hair from?? It's so cute-all long and curly!

Cassie said...

I can't believe how big they are getting!! I love Emma's face in the last picture.

Alison said...

I know I already commented, but I think Emma looks a lot like you in the family picture!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

She does look a lot like me in the family picture....
-I wish my hair was half as awesome as hers...
-Emma and I are doing the EXACT same thing with our jaw/teeth in the picture. Funny

ALYN said...

I love the new picture at the top! And the great pictures with the grass and adorable kids.

Alison said...

The pictures are so, so cute! LOVE the new family photo on top.

Jessica said...

Those are great pics! You kids are getting so big! They are adorable! I LOVE Emma's hair!

Corie Green said...

Those are great pics! Your kids are too freakin cute! I am jealous of you being in Norfolk for the fall! I loved it when we were there for Thanksgiving, wow, 10 years ago!

Adriane said...

Gosh, just look at Emma's hair!! SOOOO gorgeous!!! I just love the pics; you can tell everyone was having a great time and really happy!