
It's a monkey! Friday night I was feeling a little stressed out about not having Andrew's costume yet and Mike said "we'll go to Party City tomorrow." I saw the big price tag in my head....no way were we going to pay $40 so our 1 year old to be a monkey...just not worth it.
Luckily I heard Old Navy was having a sale all costumes $5! I thought it was worth going to check it out. The first 100 customers got a coupon...Mike and I both got a $5 off coupon. It was a GREAT shopping trip. We found a monkey costume that fit! It fit very nicely and we were only a little surprised to read that the size was 0-3 months. Hmmmm....no worries. I also got Andrew a Halloween shirt because they were on sale for $1! In our first transaction we bought the costume ($5) and the shirt ($1) and used our $5 off coupon for a total of $1.05. Our second transaction was a polo shirt for me (because really can a mom have too many shirts? No!) The shirts were on sale for $6 and we used our second $5 off coupon for another grand total of $1.05. That's a good day of shopping....and even more exciting because we bought Emma's ladybug costume at a yard sale for $1 we spent a total of $2.05 on Halloween costumes this year. The total might go up a little because I'm toying with the idea of Mike and I dressing up....we'll see if we can make that happen before Wednesday night when the Halloween party at church is.
5 comments:
Way Cute!! ...and your shopping skills are amazing!
That's impressive! I need to find sales like that!
You're ridiculously good at finding deals! AND..they are so cute. I can't believe how much older Andrew looks all of a sudden. It's incredible!!
Talan and Andrew are twins! Too bad we spent $17 more than you did. I really need to start looking for deals like that.
That is awesome, what a cheap Halloween and those Old Navy costumes are really nice too. I got the dragon one used for Spencer and thought that was a good deal. Where did you find the $5 off coupon by the way?
Post a Comment