Thursday, September 18, 2008

So, what's next??


That is the question.....We have no idea. We should find out next Tuesday or Wednesday where we will be spending the next 3 or 4 years of our lives...but not until then. We could really be moving in as little as 2 weeks, but have no idea to where! It's making me absolutely crazy. I can't sleep, and I can barely think about anything else. We have quite enjoyed our last couple days of peace and quiet. Luckily Mike hasn't been scheduled to observe any solo flights or to any duties. He's had to go to a meeting or two, but other than that he's been home. It's great! Today we actually went to the mall to use my Old Navy coupon of 40% off (I got a pair of jeans for $12!) and all four of us went out to lunch at Panera. It was downright pleasant. The kids were great, we ate our lunch and didn't even have to leave in a rush. The kids and I have a cold and I'm sure Mike's not too far behind. We skipped playgroup as to not infect all of our friends, but didn't care so much about unsuspecting strangers at Panera, so we took them there. Then, this afternoon we babysat for our little friend Chloe. Since she gave us the cold in the first place, we didn't mind sharing our germs with her either. (Her mom knew we were sharing germs I didn't do it for revenge)
We should be doing more house things like washing baseboards and blinds but we're having too much fun in the evenings playing Yahtzee and watching movies like last nights choice: Mr. Mom to do responsible things....they'll all get done.
I decided not to have hernia surgery right now...I'll wait until we get to our next place and Mike isn't having a winging ceremony two days later to have abdominal surgery. However, my mom is still coming for a visit (yey!!!) Emma is looking very forward to seeing Grandma and is convinced Grandma is bringing her trampoline with her. Her giant trampoline. Good luck with that, Mom.
Mike's winging is next Friday. We had to pay $225 for the "party." which is code for "open bar." I have so much rage about this issue, but it's like Mike said: I don't want to make the people who are about to decide my career angry at me. I agree with that. But, I am NOT happy about paying for other people drunken stupors.
So, what's with the picture of the cat? Mike decided he hates our cat. He doesn't want a cat anymore. I tell him to get over it....but he finds new things he hates about her every day. She is such a good cat. She is so good to the kids and they love love love her. She's a little needy, but she's a CAT. She has NEVER had an accident. She is patient and loving to the kids and lets them "play" with her. I'm trying to decide what to do.....right now it's three against one so she's staying, but if we have to move to Japan....that's another issue.

5 comments:

Tonia said...

1st - I say just enjoy your time together. You can get to the baseboards and blinds later.
2nd - I haven't seen Mr. Mom since I was a kid. Is it as good as it used to be?
3rd - That whole open bar thing infuriates me too. It's just so wrong in so many different ways.
4th - Anna really is a good cat but I can see where Mike is coming from. It's so much easier moving without a pet, I'm so glad we got rid or Cisco before our move.
5th - I can hardly wait to find out where you guys are going! I can just imagine how you must be feeling. Good luck making it through the weekend!

The Giles Files said...

Oh the open bar thing...Grrrr! Some of the things I refused to go because I didn't want to have to pay for someone else to get drunk and stupid on my dime. But since the ceremony is in his honor...:)

Are you hoping for stateside or overseas? We were stationed at Germany for 3 years (my Trent was born there) and LOVED it! Although being somewhere in Europe with a beach would have taken the cake! Oooo, or maybe the Pacific...

Moving is never fun, in fact it's one of my least favorite things in life. But, there's an adventure waiting...somewhere...:)

Mollie Lawrence said...

Mike was one of the first people to tell me, CAT'S ARE THE MOST POINTLESS ANIMALS ON THE EARTH! I agreed with this theory till I inherited grandma scotts cat, and I have NO MORE pest problems in this HUGE STORED HOUSE! It's quite great!
In this case, I don't know what to tell you, the Mike I know HATES cats! Better, less maintnence than a puppy though!
Good luck with this vote.

On another note, that 225 dollars for a party with an open bar IS frustrating! That's a big fee for no "drunken stooper"! Just enjoy the party, and let it be a fee for "making the bosses happy" (80% of the time meaning alcohol:)
Love you sis! Have a blast! Enjoy a "party" with the hubby!
Sorry you have a hernia! YUCK! And I will help mom bring that Trampoline for Emma, Got to go tear it down & pack it up!:)

Anonymous said...

Sooo when I show up without the trampoline is she going to be like GRANDMA! when really she's looking around for the trampoline, so then it will be, grandma? just kidding sweety, wish I could order a trampoline to beat me to your house, how fun would that be? but then she would have no reason to visit grandma, I can't win. love mom

Alison said...

The best is when they all go over their tab in their ridiculous drunken states and those of us who decided to stay at home and be sober have to help pay the difference.

Ridiculous. don't even get me started on the stupid connection between the military and alcohol. ugh.

My vote is for Anna to stay! I like to live vicariously through you guys! :)