Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The long and short of it....

The short version: We are moving to Norfolk!!!!!! Mike got his first choice of "duty stations" and will be flying HSC East, or helicopters in Norfolk, however you want to read it! Hooray!! We're so super excited!!!

The long version:

A Lt. told Mike he turned him in for HSC Norfolk (what he wanted). SO exciting...however....there were 7 "HSM" slots in San Diego and 2 spots in Guam that needed to be filled and no one had those on the top of ther lists. I don't know what the big deal was (nobody ever gets choices about these things) but until this afternoon we thought the spot Mike had been "penciled in" for in Norfolk was going to be swiped away and given to someone with better grades in the class and we were going to move to San Diego and Mike was going to have to fly with a squadron he didn't want to fly with and deploy in only 6-7 months! EEEK! We were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous!

However, Mike was given Norfolk! I'm so happy for him! He got what he wanted and we get to be on the Mid Atlantic, which we love!

Now, to find a house.......

12 comments:

Alison said...

sigh...well I'm happy for you and that you are going to be in Norfolk where I can see you now and then. Congratulations Mike!

Erin said...

Yeah! I'm happy the waiting is over and you got your first choice!

Tonia said...

Yay! Congratulations Mike (and the rest of you). Good luck on house hunting.

Now I really hope we get E City and then we'll only be an hour away - that's like so close! Sadly Andre's meeting on Tuesday wasn't to give out duty stations so we don't know anything more now than before but we've been told either the last week in September (which is like this week)or the first week in October so we'll see what happens. I'm so happy for you guys!

Cassie said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I hate the waiting part. But at least that's over and now you can PLAN!!!

ALYN said...

Now you'll be 9 hours from us, rather than 6.5 like now.

Nathan's always talking about visiting DC, although I think the girls are young for that... Maybe we'll see ya sometime.

Emily said...

Yeah! Congrats - how exciting! Can you email me your address? My email is yummers88@yahoo.com. Talk to you soon!

Corie Green said...

Yay!! I love Norfolk! My older brother was stationed there at Langley AFB when they were first married and we went there for Thanksgiving. I am so jealous!!!!!

Alison said...

Congratulations! That is awesome that you got your first choice! you will be pretty close, too...if you ever get up to this area again you definitely will have to come by!

Anonymous said...

Whew - I'm happy for you - although San Diego would have been Tim's choice. It so brings back memories of my childhood with a navy dad.

Kori said...

When is the big move? It's got to be crazy to be told where you have to live. I'm glad you got your first choice.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found the link to your blog from Corie's blog. First - wow, it's been a long time. Second, that is totally awesome that your going to Norfolk. We go to VA Beach with Ashby's family every year and each time I hear a helicopter or jet take off from Oceana, it makes me jealous.

Our blog is private, but send me an e-mail dryanhatch@gmail.com and I'll add you.

Congratulations!