Saturday, August 16, 2008

My old friend....


There are all these great things about Mike being in the Navy. And, there are bunch of sucky things too....like when your friends move. We haven't had to experience the moving away part yet although I'm sure that's no fun either. Alison and JT (and Jakob) moved to "Jacksonbill" (Emma-speak) this week. ((((((SIGH)))))

It. was. sad.

We loved loved loved having Alison and JT around. They were our first friends here in Pensacola...and we were all very fast friends. I certainly would not have lived through the last two years without some sort of institutionalization without Alison. When flight school is so annoying (to the outsiders anyway) and you just huff and roll your eyes, she would say "I know exactly what you mean." My kids loved to see them come over as much as they loved for me to come home. When I had Andrew I knew Emma would be okay as long as they were around. My mom came as quickly as she could but in the interim they were there. These are friends. I was listening to Tim McGraw in the car Thursday after they left and the song My old friend has a verse that says "My old friend, I recall the times we have hanging on my wall...I wouldn't trade them for gold, cause they laugh and they cry me they somehow sanctify me woven in the stories I have told, and tell again, my old friend....."

We wish them so much love and joy in the future. We wish them lots of real estate appreciation on their house, no hurricanes, fun neighbors and no ants in their yard. We will miss laughing at all the games we managed to play. It was so appropriate to spend one of our last nights together playing a new game called Snorta (I highly recommend) and laughing.

We will all miss you dearly friends.

Stupid Navy.

P.S. JT-again so sorry about your finger.

2 comments:

Mollie Lawrence said...

like when you sister becomes "your old friend" can't wait till you and your family can move closer so that we can be "close" sisters again! After the over seas tour! We are finding out anyday I believe:)

Alison said...

I am putting off writing one of these posts on my blog. I'm so depressed. It's so weird to think that when I leave Maryland I am not going to Pace. We miss you guys!